Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Language Camp A by Nur Ernie Alia (During)

..........So with limited time of creating script and revising the activities, on 27th September 2014 at 7 am, we departed using a bus to SMK Kota Masai 2. After one hour journey, we reached our destination. We gathered at the school’s hall. We started a little bit late but we managed to catch up with the tentative. It supposed to be a co-host, but we did not managed to find another microphone. Therefore, me and Ai Nee have to pass the mic everytime each of us need to speak up. The warm up activities in the early morning was planned by me and Ai nee to give some refreshment to the students. However, we did not have any experience on conducting the warm up, so it was spontaneous. Therefore, there was some grammar mistake spoke by me, maybe because of the nervousness. I just realized I have a stage fright because I kind of panic during the warm up session *ashamed*. It’s hard to conduct primary school students. Since I am the host and the facilitator at the same time, I had to walk and run to the stage and back to my group members again and conduct the activities at the same time. It was tiring actually. I suggest that DO NOT do multitask. I repeat, DO NOTEver. You will messed up with the activities and you cannot monitor your group members well. Luckily I have friends that helped me to look after my group when I’m not around.
In conclusion, I enjoyed with the language camp because the students are quite active and actually cute when responding to my questions. Although they quite shy, but they get along after a while. 






1 comment:

aisyah jumpaan said...

We were lucky that we have separate people to do the task. XD