Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reflection (Post) Language Camp B by Norbazila Mohd Asikin

It was a great moment to experience another language camp. In my opinion, it was really challenging for me to ask the students to share their thoughts. I was not sure myself either they were too shy to speak or they were not confidence in using the language. Apart from the activities conducted by me, I tried to talk with the students. The purpose was just to know more about them. From my view, they understood my instructions and gave good cooperation towards the activities, but they did not want to share or speaking using the language. It made me felt frustrated and curious to know what the reasons behind it were.  I knew that one day program was not enough to make the students good in speaking the language.

            However, I really enjoyed the charade, draw win or lose and skit competition. These activities allowed the students to be creative and use their potential in producing good ideas. Some of the students were actually had the willingness to learn as long as they have the guidance to help them in learning. Overall, all facilitators gave good cooperation in handling language camp B. All problems that occurred during the camp were managed by the committee and also the facilitators with the help from the lecturers and teachers.


            Last but not least, we did a post-mortem with Encik Ghazali. We discussed problems and also gave recommendations.

No comments: