Tuesday, October 28, 2014

REFLECTION (DURING) LANGUAGE CAMP A BY NURUSSA'ADAH



The day that we have been waiting for! Hehe. I slept very late the night before the camp in order to finish my charade materials for the students. I was so excited and thrilled about the camp. As we reached the school hall, I was really nervous. The one thing as that, I did not know that we have to introduce ourselves in front of all the students using might. Even though I’ve been on the stage since primary school, I still have that ‘stage fright’. So I stammered and got panic while introducing myself. 

When we have to divide ourselves according to group, I looked at my ‘children’; hoping and praying that they will cooperate with me. At first, I was so panic that I got the first slot to be a little bit boring. The students couldn’t understand my instruction well and they got confused on how the game is conducted. In order to get back on track, I had to modify the ice breaking session on my own to make sure that they get to know each other well. And then we moved on to group logo and cheers slot. I had fun drawing our group logo and it seems like these kids were very creative. They've came out with a beautiful logo. Our group name was ''Ninja Turtle".

As the day went by, I was able to catch things up. I enjoyed every single minute with my ‘children’. They were just very obedient and cute. I’ve got to learn so many things. I enjoyed playing charade, win lose or draw and doing the tandem writing. During tandem writing, it was really enjoyable yet tiring slot as I had to treat every each of them as it was very chaos. This is because they like to express everything in one time. It was after all a very challenging to me as for the students, they still have difficulties in developing simple story. They tend to asked me how to write this, how to write that instead of doing them by themselves. I had my time helping them for their skit competition. Even though it was short and simple, they did their best and able to have confidence to be stand in front. I am very proud of them :)




No comments: