Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Reflection on Language Camp B(During)

Assalamu'alaikum and a very good evening!!..:D

In this post, I'm gonna write my reflection about what happened during the language camp. On that day, I had to get up early in the morning, at 5.30 am I guessed. I took my shower first before the Fajr prayer as we had to be at the departing place at 6.30 am. All of the boy facilitators got all the materials that we will need for the activities into the bus that we requested from UTM. It took about 45 minutes to reach Sekolah Kebangsaan Kota Masai 2, the venue of the camp from our university. 

At the first moment we reached that school, I became more nervous. I didn't know why I felt that way but I convince myself to be brave and face the students bravely. What happened to me??!!..haha. 

Then, we had some difficulties on PA system at the school hall, where we did all our activities there. Because of the technical problem, we started our first activity 30 minutes late from the actual time. However, we managed to execute all our activities before 5.00 pm after doing some adjustment on the time allocated for some of the activities. Surprised, huh? Well, we are the UTM TESL-ians after all..hahaha. 

For the activities, my students managed to do it on time. The time allocated for ice breaking session was too short because of the technical problem I mentioned above. Therefore, my students were quite shy at the beginning of the camp. I succeed to explained all the activities to my students but I must do some improvement on giving instructions. I admit that. My students involved in all the activities actively except one of them, I don't want to mention that here who the student is. Sadly, that student didn't want to involve in the drama activity even to help their members to make the props. I was very sad and frustrated but I managed to control my anger. My group group did not win the drama competition but we enjoyed the activities in the camp. 

The UTM bus came and fetched us at 5.30 pm after taking some memorable pictures at the school. I was very tired and I fell asleep in the bus. I won't forget that memorable day for the rest of my life. 

No comments: