Tuesday, October 28, 2014

REFLECTION ON LANGUAGE CAMP B (DURING) BY FATIN NUR ALIA

On 11th of October, we departed at 7 am from UTM by bus. We arrived at SK Kota Masai 2 after an hour of journey. As we entered the school hall we can see the students sitting in the hall according to their school. Ten different schools will be participated in this language camp. Our lecturer then gave us a bag of utensils that we can use in the activities conducted later on. My ice breaking group then distributed the envelopes that we prepared to each school in order to decide the students’ group. Unfortunately, we started the activity a little bit late as there were some schools that did not arrive yet at that time. Once all of the school had arrived, all of the facilitator went to the front and held a paper with a name of the group. The students then were asked by the MC to go to the facilitator that was holding their group name. After that, the ice breaking activity started. The students in my group were really shy. Indeed, it was hard for me to even hear their voices. The same situation happened in the next game which were charade and win lose and draw. However, I can see that there was a little progression in my group but to compare it with the group next to me, mine was really shy. Then, we proceed with the next activity which is drawing logo and create group cheer. In this activity I divided my group into two so that few people can do the logo and the rest created the cheer. This is because; time was very limited since the activity started a bit late. The students had no problem in drawing and they show cooperation in deciding what to draw in the logo. However, there were problems in creating the cheer. There were really shy to speak out and gave idea. In the end, it was the facilitator who gave them the cheers. I think the activity that really changed my student’s attitude was the play. They practise very hard for the play and enjoyed it. Surprisingly, my group got number three in the play competition. It was really a shocking fact to me. I hope that from this experience the students will improve their confidence level and found the amusement in learning English

Drawing the logo

Our group logo :Frozen


2 comments:

Norbazila Mohd Asikin said...

Congratulation! Your group got the 3rd place. The most important thing all of us enjoyed the language camp. :)

aisyah jumpaan said...

It was hard having a shy student in group as it affects the participation of other members as well. My suggestion will be to ask that particular student his/her likes/dislikes.