Tuesday, October 21, 2014

After Language Camp B by Yuanyi Tan

   I was truly exhausted after the camp. Hence a good excuse to skip a day’s work and just rest properly :P

 There are 10 things that I wish to say about the camp:

1. To the director, I understand that it is never easy to be a leader. Thus, I respect your willingness to take up the job and deliver it the best you can, despite the difficulties and hassles. I once heard from somewhere that we would only be regretful of what we have not done, but never of the things that we have, be it volunteered or being forced, chosen to do. I am pretty sure that every member in the team is proud of you =) So please be proud of yourself too. Thank you for the extra time and efforts spent.

2. To the girls who have been my forever assignment teammates (for this camp particularly, the game master mates). I am aware that I could be such a picky sore at times. I apologize. Deep down my heart, I only wished to get things done ASAP.  As unfriendly as I could be when I am anxious, I could have missed many beautiful sceneries along the road, but hopefully not the beautiful friendship we share. Thank you for having me.

3. To the ones who combined their groups with mine during the first two games, thank you for bearing with me and backing me up for the activities. I did a mistake to have forgotten to bring along my phone. The activities wouldn’t go as smooth without your generosity to let me use yours for time-recording, and I wouldn’t have memories with my group to keep if it wasn’t you who helped me take pictures. Sometimes, misfortune is a blessing in disguise. I was touched when one of you said every educator has a helpful heart per se. Maybe it’s also because of this belief I have with myself, despite all the mischief I have done lolol, that brought me this far to where I am today.

4. To everyone who has been the em-cees for this camp (even only for a short activity), truthfully-speaking, the first strength of the camp that came to my mind is you. You are so natural, attention-grabbing, not awkward, cheerful and just so impressive. I seldom enjoy listening to emcees, but I enjoyed listening to you. Your speaking grammar is almost flawless, that’s the thing I wish (struggle) to acquire most. I think because of you, UTM TESLians have generally left a good impression in outsiders’ eyes, in terms of language proficiency at least. Thank you for the great performance.

5. To every committee member who visited my group, cheered up the atmosphere and contributed ideas, thank you for the kind gestures that has made me and my group better and happier =)

6. To the girl who fetched us to D06, thank you for the kind offer & the comfortable ride :D

7 To every other in the group who has ever answered my qualms and doubts about the camp, who has chit-chatted with me over non-sense or sense-making things before and in between the camp, whom I have taken selfies with after the camp, thank you for the pure kindness and loveliness.

8. To Language Camp A members, the pioneer of this project, thank you for being so generous in sharing with us the things that we should look after, training documents for us to refer to, and so on. Quoting No.3 again, you are true educators (to-be).

9. To our lecturer, thank you for the one-of-a-kind sharing, guidance and understanding all the way.


10.Some said that imperfection is also a kind of beauty. I think our weaknesses are not rubbish, but rather meaningful footprints, of which includes the little defeats encountered in breakfast preparation, students’ discipline management, students’ confidence boosting during drama performance, technical problems, dinner give-way and global-warming (lol). Experience is the best teacher. I believe we can do better in coming good days =) 

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Truly agree that the em-cees really did a great job in grabbing the students' attention.
By the way, it's been a great time working with you :) Remember that's what friends for :P

Pei Ching said...

Yuan Yi, I think all of us can do better in the future after gaining fruitful experience in the language camp.