Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Language Camp A by Nur Ernie Alia (Pre)

Assalamualaikum and hello everyone. I want to share my experience before the language camp. Before the camp, I have few experience on conducting camp but, this one is different because I have to handle with primary school students. For the first time experience, I thought that it was easy to handle children compare to teenager. Actually, it was harder than I expected because they are more energetic than myself. Therefore it was actually hard to handle 10 children all by yourself. 

Before the camp, I volunteered myself to be the MC. Therefore, I have to do a co-host script with Cheang Ai Nee. We did a meeting a day before the camp and discussed about the script. However, we only planning on doing a non-formal event. There are no specific procedure to follow since it was a non-formal. It was a last minute decision so we only had a draft of the script. I challenged myself to be the MC because I want to see my stage-fright level while handling the crowd. We rehearsed twice and we just try our best on the next day.

At the same time, I am one of the facilitator for the camp. Therefore, during the meeting, we discussed on how to do the activity in the group so that there will be no confusion on the next day. We discussed ideas on how to managed the crowd, how to conduct the activity, how to divide the students..etc. 

So, with limited time on creating script and revising the activities......

To be continued...

No comments: