Tuesday, October 28, 2014

After Language Camp A

Greetings again, fellow readers.

Fortunately, the camp ended right on time. After the students had gone home, we stayed a little longer to clean up the hall. The camp was fun but extremely exhausting. Apparently, primary school students are as hard as the secondary school students. They might be smaller in size and younger in age, but their energy was unlimited. They were too hyperactive, that I, wanted to be the cool faci at first, turned into one angry faci. Well, I was not that angry. It's just that I had to scold them a bit to make them behave. After the camp, I have learned that the activities were not at all suitable for them. Except for the charade. The activities were fun and all, but maybe next time we need to make the activities more and more simpler and adjust the rules and instructions so it will be suitable for those with weak proficiency in English. Perhaps next time, the activities should not be too many so that we will be able to allocate more time for each activity. Another problem I had found is the cheers and group's logos. In the end, only the three top winners were called to present theirs. What I am saying here is that, the other groups did not have the chance to "show off" their "masterpiece" and they will feel that the time spent to think about their cheers and design their logos were just a waste. My suggestion, if we want to include those two activities, we should provide them with more time OR the facis themselves can prepare the cheers and ideas for the logos beforehand. This is because considering that our participants are weak in English.

Well, I think that is all about Language Camp A. Till we meet again!

Here are the facis' exhausted faces.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree about the energy part. I also write about the same thing on my post, but yours is a lil bit detailed than mine. I also agree that the camp was exhausting, yet it gave us a new experience.