Tuesday, October 28, 2014

During Language Camp A

Greetings to fellow readers,

On the 27th of September, I was one of the facilitators for the Language Camp A that was held in SMK Kota Masai 2 in Johor. When we had arrived, all the students had already been seated in the school's hall and had already did the registration session. We were very excited to see those cute little angels waiting for the camp to begin. Before we started the camp, each of us introduced ourselves in our own styles. Then, we divided the students into several groups that had been named by the facis. Each faci assists the students in their group. I got the Ironman group, which is very cool since I adore the Tony Stark character. However, we started late because the introduction session took rather a long time. Plus, the ice breaking session took longer time because the participants were still shy. As a result, we as in my group, did not have sufficient time to think of our cheer as we were also in a hurry to design and complete our group's logo. The kids in my group have low English proficiency, so I had to speak a bit in Malay language when giving instructions. Then, I had tried to keep up with the schedule so that my group would not be left behind. The most challenging activities are the tandem writing and the skits as these students have very low proficiency in English, thus it was quite challenging. However, the students love the charades activity most! Literally all of them participated actively during the activity and the words used for charade are simple words like verbs and nouns.

Well, that's all about during the camp. Here's a picture of my "kids". Haha.


No comments: