Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Siti Aisyah's Language Camp Reflection (During)

It's D-day. We woke up early, get changed, thinking that nothing could go wrong. BUT, my shirt was pretty small. So, I decided to tie a sweater around my waist, to pump up things a bit. Haha. We waited for the bus, chit-chatting a bit. And the bus came. We got on it and 45 minutes after, we arrived at the school. The hall was pretty far, so the boys have to carry all the materials. We, girls, just have to be pretty. LOL. Then, the camp started by a simple briefing by our Pengerusi (Sorry, I don't know what is Pengerusi in English right now). We started the camp a bit late as there are some problems regarding the PA system. Other facilitators collect the materials needed for the camp, such as their name-tag, crayons, group name etc. About 9 o'clock, the camp started. Students were given strips of paper, for their group name. And they all line-up in their respective group. Wait, I think if I talked about the whole camp, I'll be typing for two hours. SO, let's make it short. What I did during the camp are :

1. Preparing the food for the facilitators. However, I did not know that we were also in charge of the students' food as well. so, what happened is the food was too spicy for the students. I did not foresee the problem as as a Sabahan, I always thought that Johoreans can handle spicy food. Some students cannot eat the food at all, so I was partly to blame.

2. I become an MC for half of the afternoon. One of the facis fell sick, and one of the MCs help sent him back to college. So, I replaced him for a bit. I'm not kidding, I really love being an MC cause I can unleash my craziness. However, it seems that it may not be appropriate for the students.

3. Temporary faci. Sometimes, I went to the group and help the facis when they have problems. For example, during the tandem writing, I help the students to 'colour' their writing. I also help students to re-think their grammar while writing.

Overall, I have fun in the camp. It was tiring as I ran around a lot, but yeah. It was fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you did good job in making sure that the flow of the camp is smooth

Jacqueline said...

You are a good emcees. I love the way you attract the student's attention with your jokes.

aisyah jumpaan said...

Well, I was smooth myself XD