Monday, October 27, 2014

Before Language Camp B by Stephanie Young

This is actually not my first time joining a language camp as one of the facilitators. Before this, I had the experience of conducting a language camp at KTDI with three of my coursemates. It was one of the programs organized by CELLA which requires us to conduct language camp. In other words, we have to submit proposal which including the budget and tentative of the camp and design our own language games. Although the language camp did not turn out to what we have expected, we really enjoy the moment working together. Therefore, when we were informed that we have to join a language camp at SK Kota Masai 2, I was rather excited :) I used to deal with Form 4 students (whom I regard as matured and obedient teenagers) but to me Form 1 and Form 2 students were rather active and rebellious. I guess that is the only worried I have :P
We had our first meeting with Mr. Ghazali after the class to discuss and appoint the committee members for the language camp. Not long after the first meeting, we met again to elect the game master for every game. This is to ensure that we were aware of our respective task and be well-prepared. Three of my friends and I volunteered to become the game master for Tandem Writing. We agreed to fix three themes, which are ghost story, animal story and love story. The night before the camp, we gathered to brief about the flow of the camp. All of the game masters briefed about the rules, regulations and variation of the respective game. We also discussed and provide comments for better management of the game for the next day.

On that early morning, we gathered at D05 to wait for the bus. All of us were energetic and looking forward to participate in the camp. 

No comments: