Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Language Camp B (during)

During the camp, we were tested with two problems at the early stage of the camp. The first problem was the PA system of the hall was malfunctioning and thus we can’t use the microphone provided. The next problem was one of the school arrived late for about half an hour than the scheduled time. The camp was supposed to start as early as 8.00 a.m. but because of these two problems, we had to delay our time and started at 9.00 a.m. As a director, I was not assigned to any group, instead I moved around the hall helping some facilitators and students. However, after the coffee break at 10.30 a.m., I was forced to replace one of my friends as a facilitator because he suffered from a stomachache. It was quite a shocking moment for me as I suddenly had to facilitate a group of 7 students.  All of them were shy at first but we managed to get along quite well after one or two session of activities. However, by 2 p.m. I asked one of the high committee to replace my place because I decided to help the camp commander, with his works. I also volunteered to be a judge for skid competition and I have to admit that despite the students acting were all not as good as I expected them to be, they managed to make me laugh and I enjoy the skid competition very much. Despite we were late for an hour to start our camp in the morning; we managed to complete all activities by 4.30 p.m. 

No comments: