Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Language Camp B: Nazrin's During-Reflection

The journey was fun since we get to ride the same bus, going on the same journey and most importantly, surrounded by awesome people and friends. I like these kind of trips. But I cannot deny that throughout the journey itself, I was feeling quite nervous as like what I have mentioned in my previous post, I was appointed as the MC for this language camp and it is my first time doing so.

Upon arrival, I was elated to see the school's beautiful surroundings and I must admit, I was starting to look forward on conducting the ceremony later on. But not all things were beautiful on that day as we've been slapped on our face (not literally) with dozens of problems; even before the language camp started. The microphones were not functioning as they should be and for some time, we had to manage the PA system ourselves and it was rather tedious task. We found out later on that something was supposed to be switched-on (but since we didn't knew about that, nothing was done for it) and luckily, someone manged to show us the ropes of handling the PA system. But still, the problem itself took some time to be solved.

There were also several other problems that follow after that incident but I'll leave that to the other guys (and gals?) to tell about it. The camp started soon after resolving the problems and luckily, no major problem happened; well at least for a while because a rather unexpected incident occurred after the first short break. One of the tributes facilitators, let's called him Tea for now, suddenly had a digestion problem/issue/gastric maybe because the food was a bit too spicy and I have to agree on that matter. Tea was then rushed to the back of the hall to receive an immediate treatment and I gotta say, it was rather a panic moment since Tea was sweating profusely and Tea's skin started to become more and more pale. Long story short, we were lucky that En. Faizal offered to send Tea back to UTM to get proper treatment But I've got to accompany them along.

All in all, everything went rather fine after that incident though there were several minor talkings saying that some of the teachers were rather not satisfied of how "dull" the camp was. Well what can I say, for most of us it was of first time in language camp. On the other hand, the students were nice and I can say that most of us had an awesome day that day. Indeed it was.





1 comment:

aisyah jumpaan said...

Well, I got chance to replace you temporarily. SO, thanks! XD