Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reflection (During) Language Camp B by Norbazila Mohd Asikin

It was unforgettable experience yet very tiring and challenging day I have gone through for the language camp. As we arrived at the school, some of the students were already registered. Even we arrived early at the school, we began our first activity a bit late due to the technical problem. However, we managed to follow the flow of activity with some adjustment made by the higher committee.

            The meeting with my group was exciting since I got to know the students from different schools. Activities were conducted as we had planned before. My group and I were excited in creating the cheer and logo for the group even most of the ideas were given by me. At first, the students were quite awkward with each other. But eventually after the ice-breaking session, they started to show their interest to participate in the activity. There were 2 boys and 8 girls in my group. The students became active starting from the charade until the skit competition. Other than that, during the break time, my group and I sat together and ate our food. We used that time to chit chat with each other just to get closer to them.
           
            As for the skit competition, I needed to assign characters for each student based on the selected story from tandem writing activity. Fortunately, the students were sporting and agreed to act out the character. They said that they did not know what to do for the skit. Therefore, I guided them step by step including the simple dialogue for the skit. We did a lot of practices so that they could get used to the dialogue. The students really put their best effort in acting out the story written by them. I enjoyed myself as I helped them in practicing for the skit competition.  


1 comment:

aisyah jumpaan said...

Life becomes easier when students have fun in the camp.haha