Monday, October 27, 2014

Language Camp B (During) by Afiqah Hani Bt Baharom

On 11th Oct 2014, the day started when we gathered on 7.00pm at D05. Then, we ride a bus to SK Masai 2. The program was held at the Dewan Besar SK Kota Masai 2. As soon as we arrived, we set up the place according to the plan. Even though we faced some difficulties such as failure in PA system and also lack of accommodation at the school. Alhamdulillah we could overcome the problem and came up with Plan B. For the whole day, I became as a facilitator for Minion group. I got 8 students in my group. They were from different schools around Pasir Gudang area.

We did our activities together and I must say I had a great time with them. Even though initially, most of them were shy to speak up and use English, but as the time passed by, they started to use more English in the discussions or communications especially in completing the tasks of each and every game. The most interested parts are Tandem Story and The Skit. During Tandem Story, as a future teacher I realized that some of the students from were actually could write the complete sentences. However, it is such a relieved when I could still understand what they’re trying to say. For the Skit, they gave full corporations and enthusiasms and we won the skit as a whole.

The program ended earlier than what have been planned. At around 4.00 pm the students back to their home and we cleaned the place and packed things up and went back to UTM.  


4 comments:

Rong Peirong said...

Thanks to you in assisting me during the Charade game. My group members's mood turned high after competed with your "Minions". Haha.

p/s: During the "Win, Lose and Draw", my group members told me that they wish to win this time because lost in the previous game. hehe

Unknown said...

Ya, I also realized that at the beginning of the camp, most of the students were shy to speak up.However, they will be more willing to use English after given encouragement and guidance.

Nurul Izyana said...

If I am not mistaken, your group(Minions) won the tandem writing drama contest, isn't it? Congratulations! I noticed that students in your group are all interactive and cooperative. Lucky you!

aisyah jumpaan said...

Yes, it was nice seeing that the students can write. I only went over them and correct the grammar. their story was fun too!