Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Language Camp B by Jacqueline Limantan Rantai (Post)

Post
            I would like to thank all the community members and language camp team b for making this camp a successful one. I am happy for sharing this journey with my fellow course mates and meeting the students. Before the camp ended, I had asked my  students their  opinion about this camp. All of them, love the activities in the game but they wish to have more fun games and activities. Some of them even asked for one night language camps so that they can play for the whole day. Moreover, they never think English could be fun and entertaining.
            However, there are few adjustments need to be taken into measure. Firstly, they should consider reduce the spiciness of the foods. There are some people who have problem handling spicy food and one of it, is me. I couldn’t take my breakfast and lunch, the only food I ate are the banana and bun. Some of my students forced themselves to eat it because they were hungry. This worrying me as they may get sick throughout the end of the day. Secondly, the venue of camp should be changed to a better hall with better air ventilation. My students kept on complaining about the heat and some of them prefer to just stay outside rather than stuffing themselves in the hall. They were happy when I chose to rehearse the skit outside the hall. Lastly, maybe there should be some warming up activities to get the students excited. For example, dancing or singing session whereby everybody will do it together.
            At the end, I learnt a lot during the journey and hope to join another English Language Camp. As teacher to-be, I must hold responsibilities to educate my students and this camp provides me with great teaching and learning experience.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you that the hall is too hot and it is not suitable for us to handle the students at there .

Nurnajwa Mohd Nasir said...

Indeed, the condition of the hall affects the students and the facilitators' performance and mood.

aisyah jumpaan said...

I was running around with sweats all over me. :(