Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Alison's Pre Reflection on Language Camp B

Despite to share my experience in the preparation for the language camp at SK Kota Masai 2, I rather like to share more on my thoughts and opinion on language camp before I attended the camp. Well, I believe that most of my friends who joined the camp together has shared their experience during the preparation and to be critical, we were most likely did the same thing since we had our meetings together, gave out our opinions and so and thus, I would like to more emphasis on the inner thoughts of myself throughout the preparation of the camp.

Firstly, I would like to confess that I can be said to be categorized to the group of person who prefers indoor compare to anything related with outdoors or they call it as ‘otaku’ in Japanese. To be precise, I hate outdoor activities. I admitted I was unsure of the “usage” and the main purpose to specially organise an activity for the students for whole day as teachers are actually giving their effort to teach the students in the classroom. The word “camp” has actually gives out a signal that this is an activity to have fun instead of having an effective teaching and learning. I would like to confess that I felt relieve after I heard Mr. Ghazali’s decision on just make it as 1-day camp instead of maybe 3-days 2-nights camp.

However, after the post mortem session for the Camp A, which I was just a listener in the class, I deeply realised and get more into deeply on the differences among the students’ learning attitude in the classroom and during a language camp. I did my practicum last semester and I truly had difficulties in enhancing students’ interest in language learning. Yes, I believe the main motive for the students to join the language camp is to have fun but unconsciously, they did learn something new with new peers and in a new environment. The joy and the satisfaction gained by the committees in Camp A has gave me an encouragement to accomplish the task without the mindset of getting rid another assignment but is that I want to succeed it and influence the students to have the thoughts of learning English can be fun.   

No comments: