Sunday, March 26, 2006

CONTRIBUTION

IRIE?S   CONTRIBUTION
 
          There are lots of touching and happy moments blooming during the most cherished English Camp ever. For me, I gain lots of experiences throughout the English Camp. Everyone contributes all of the effort in making the Camp successful. Gongrats girls?..
 
          White Cat?.. My group name?. looking at the name itself it reflect the members of the members groups?.?innocent?. My first task is to make the participant feel confident of themselves. I always try to provoke them to be more energetic, confident and most important thing motivates them to speak English. At first, they are quite shy and quite, but I always give them encouragement?? ?Come on girls, be energetic, be brave and show them that you are the best, you girls can do it??Do not afraid to make mistake?.We learns from mistake?. MISS YOU GIRLS SO MUCH?..!!!! I wish you a thousand of congrats for an astounding job. You?ve done great job girls!!!! And not to forget thanks for your comments girls?. I am pleased about it?
 
          At some part of the Camp, there is one time that really tested me as a facilitator. That was when the time the participants were divided into two big groups. The first group has to stay inside and the other group has to play outside. The groups inside the hall play the ?Drawing Blind? and the groups outside the hall have to play ?Pitfall?. Supposedly, the ?Pitfall? has to play in a big group at the same time. But suddenly everything did not move according to plan. I have to give an instruction to the participants on how to play the game and my partner Jue distributing the materials to the facilitator outside the hall. At the same time my groups play ?Drawing Blind? inside the hall. Imagine?.. I have to be in two places at the same time. When everything outside the hall has settled, I have to rush back into the hall to be with my groups. I don?t want to miss the chance to observe my team play the game and support them. Then, everything started to worry me again when the groups inside the hall nearly finish playing ?Drawing Blind?; this is because the next game is ?Pitfall?. So, I have to rush back to the group outside the hall to collect back the materials (Pitfall). Thank God I manage to get back on time. I started to conduct the game with my partner Jue and other facilitators inside the hall. Everything back to normal??..Alhamdullilah?..
 
          Camp?s Idol?..what sensational night?.. The night that reveal a lots of hidden talent among the participant. I?m responsible for the marking part, where I have to collect the marks from the judges and calculate it to identify the winner. As for my group I prepared a song together with the lyric for them to practice. I do give some ideas and advices for them before the competition. They?ve done a great job?. They told me that there?ll be a surprise but I never know what it is until that night?..That was really a surprise girls?.!!!! What a shock!!!
         
          Well, I guess that?s all from me?. There?s lots of thing to say, but all of a sudden I?ve lost my words?..hehe?.may be next time?.see ya?.
 
 IRIE  


Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi iri..thanks a lot for having fun throughout the camp. The commotion during slot B/C was actually avoidable. Largely it was my fault. So sorry if your game didn't turn out the way it was plan..

anyway congrats to Jue and yourself..The game in tha hall was under control thanks to the both of you.

bae

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum....

hmmm About the pitball games....it is interessting and a most of the participants really like it. so i think you should feel proud of what you have done on that day. i can see both of you were running around the camp while distributing things and conducting the games but it really pay of eventhough you felt like extremely exausted.

congrats to both ju and irie

from Jayhan

Anonymous said...

Hi irie…

Hmm..i like the slot you had in charged in which all the participants showed their talents for being the idol of the camp that we called The Camp Idol slot. With only just a short time given by us to our participants to prepare and practice for the show, however they manage to give their best performance and they were amazing..!! Their creativity in performing their show was really making me happy to see that. At least I could see the talent that our participants have inside themselves…and the most important thing is not only the audiences but also all the people in the camp enjoy the show very much..!! congrats....!!


-Nick-

Anonymous said...

hello iri..
i felt the same too.it was quite exhausted of rushing back to the hall conducting the same game for the second time.luckily the materials were still in the good condition and other facilitators did a good job together as well.thanks alot!!whatever, it is okay now.let bygone be bygone.such exrerience has taught us to be more careful and ready for any unecpected incident.
other than that,i like the camp idol slot which is so entertaining.i am sure all of us enjoyed their performance.all the best for all!!

Anonymous said...

helo iri...hhhmmm...personally, i like pitfall..and so as my girls...we enjoyed the game and we learn new words from it, so, it was educational...despite of the commotion, like bae has mentioned, i guess, you and jue had pull it out pretty well...it was a bit frustrated at first, but, then, everything was under control then rite??i agree when you said that facilitors need to be there and give full support to the participants under your wings,and we should have also given them a word of encouragement just to lift up their spirits...i think, most of us, lack that sense of "sensitivity"..we are too focus on achieving the objectives of the game that we do not pay much attention to this matter....hhhmmmm....i hope we could improve ourself on that..especailly when you have children of your own later...i guess, that's all for now...