Friday, March 31, 2006

hi beautiful people!

Contribution

Each and every one of us had to slog a lot before and during the language camp. As the number of 3rd year TESL undergraduates is small, we had to take up more than one responsibility. On top of our responsibilities or administration task for this camp, we helped each other to make things run smoothly.
I was given the privilege to run the ice breaking session. I felt honoured but at the same time, nervousness was running haywire in my mind. I couldn?t prepare well as I was told late evening of the first day of the English Language Camp. However, my sincere thanks to Bae for trusting in me and helping me along the way. To my surprise, ice breaking was a success. The credit goes to everyone and of course the wonderful participants.
 On the last day of the camp, I came forward to help out Aso and Jehan to dispose the tonnes of garbage, which was collected by the participants. ?The Group with the most Garbage Collected? was a game that we had during the camp. ?Wow!? That was the first word I uttered when I saw the amount of garbage collected. We were puzzled as to where to dispose the garbage. Later, we were directed to the garbage bin. We carried the black bags full of garbage and walked under the merciless hot sun.
The pain that we had gone through for the camp, had indeed brought fruitful result.
 
Povanneswary Krishnan


New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This camp had turned out to be different from I imagined. I prepared myself to attend a boring 2 days camp. To my amazement it was a "Wow'. Your ice breaking session had captured everyone’s attention. The whole two days session with you has been an motivating session for me.

Anonymous said...

i remembered when you mentioned that all the tiring work had taught us alot. well, i agree to that. nothing can be achieved for free, even learning one or two things about life. we ought to have more such camps in future. don't you think?! well, for a change we be come the participants