Sunday, March 26, 2006

Things to be avoided

Assalamualaikum and hello to all,
 
Everybody make mistakes, that are for sure. But don?t let the mistakes be mistakes forever. We should learn from mistakes that we?ve made.
 
During the camp, I should not say mistakes but several weaknesses occurred. We should confess that all the mistakes are for reasons but instead of blaming each other, we should try to take actions and try to alleviate them before our juniors make the same mistakes as we did for their coming camp.
 
Everybody had their own personal explanation for the weaknesses arouse but for me, one of the obvious reason that put difficulties to the flow of the camp is the arrangement of the team partner. I?m not saying that I cannot collaborate with any particular individual but I figure out that most of the partnership didn?t work out that fine as what expected. There are always pronged of ideas between the partnership that lead to miscommunication and confusion especially to the participants which are the group members. This may as well turn to be very stressful. I know that the purpose of the partnership is to make us work with different people but the problem is it takes time to understand and cope with the facilitating style which most of us cannot managed to do within the two days. Anyway, it is nice working with you, my partner Miss Masliza. Do not take this in the wrong way.
 
Next is concerning the punctuality. In this case, the facilitators should improve a lot. We have no problem regarding time management with the participants but the facilitators. I am not sure why this happened but we should change this habit to make sure the camp end succesfully. This reflects to me too.
 
I think the arrangement of the partnership and the time management is the major weaknesses that we must take into our consideration. Learn from all the weaknesses for the sake of the next camp.
 
Stick with TESL
 
NURDALIATY a.k.a D.A.L.E.A


New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC for low, low rates.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..
Dearest Sis Dalea,
Thanks a lot for mentioning my name, as your partner facilitator for “Brown Cat “group. I agree with you that sometimes it’s hard to work or deal with someone that we are not close to or not familiar. We need to tolerate with the group members and our partner too. If misunderstanding or miscommunication happens, especially during giving instruction to group members, we need to discuss with our partner before that. I realized that may be we face this problem however we are professional, right? Mmm..Sis Dalea,thank you very much for your cooperation and understanding during the language camp. May god bless you..byee.wassalam.

##Masliza Mat Zali##

Anonymous said...

hello my dear friend,

i agreed with some of your points in terms of collaboration among partnerships. yes, we need someone who we are comfortable to work with in order to make our job a success. maybe in future it can be improvised by our TESL juniors. however, at least we gained some experienced from it, right? u did rock at tanjung bidara and your 'brown cat' group was actually superb! congartulations to u and your partner.
love,
-shanem-

Anonymous said...

Akum...
Hi dalea. Im suprised to read ur comment. i didnt facilitate and i do not know that there will also be problems within facilitators huh? Anyway, it is good to experience that. at least you learn something new. Always try to adapt wuth people around you. I experience that a lot you know. Did you know how disastrous it was to be the only male student in a class full of female students? At the first semester, i felt like a nerd. doing everything alone. When got stuck somewhere, i only have my self to turn to. That experience also have something to do with adaptation to the environment. Thank God i survived.
hehe... lucky me to have a strong kinda soul
maximus

Anonymous said...

Dear Dalea...

I pray that you would have enough rest after coming back from the camp..I knew that you were deeply busy writings letters for the camp and handing them here and there...you were also busy with your TPR practice...and we even rarely have time to talk with as usual...just missed your jokes..heheh... Not to forget that you were the one who help me for my team's cheer songs. THANKS.. You were always feel free to give your hand and console me anytime I'm in need. You are an INDEED FRIEND for me...Congrates for your successful GUESS IT!..I know, when there's DALEA, she could easily come out with wonderful ideas...okay..take care..

yours,
-Watt-

Anonymous said...

Sis Dalea
Actually, I feel upset that I have missed the TPR session. I’m worried that you will disappointed with that. I wanted to see all the movements that prepared by your group. I really admire the person that could come out with beautiful and creative movements. When you,re telling and demonstrating some of the movements, I now that it will be best activity during the camp. I know you done a good job and put so much effort to prepare such an interesting dance. Well done.! I believe that all the participants will enjoy the dance. I also agreed with your opinion about working with close teammate will be better.

nenimare