Sunday, March 26, 2006

Post-camp?Contributions

Post-camp?Contributions
 
Assalamualaikum and hello to everyone?
           
            English Language Camp 2006 happens to be event of the year for all third year teslians of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Starting from the opening at KTF on March 11, 2006 till the closing at Tanjung Bidara Resort, Malacca on March 12, 2006, everything is full of fun and excitement. Personally, I considered the event as a very successful one. All the hard work and determination under our dedicated director (Arbaiah) was paid.
            At KTF, we played ice-breaking as our first move to get to know our participants closer. This is everyone game. All facilitators are included in the game. Honestly, I am little bit surprised with myself that night. I am giving up all myself that night. I have put aside the shyness and give my best that night. Perhaps because of the responsibility as part of cosmic teslians that Bae always remind us. For the opening, Jehan and I were responsible to prepare the stuff for the grouping session and we managed to do it quite successfully. All the ten teams were divided randomly according to the color of cats they have got. After the grouping, we were assigned to be in our group to start our job as facilitators. I am worried that I am not able to be a good facilitator to my group (Red Cat) but then I realized that this is the time where I can prove something. With Kak Nini (Suhani) around, I have gained my confidence to facilitate this team.
            Our first facilitating session can be considered successful. Kak Nini and I were managed to get to know our participants? name and encouraged them to have the cheer for our group in 30 minutes. We are so proud of them that they are able to come out with their very own cheer in the short time given. Red cat is the best! J
            We arrived at Tanjung Bidara Resort a bit late, an hour behind the schedule. In the first place, I thought that some of the games that were scheduled at 11.00 ? 1.00 will not be played at all but Bae had come out with new schedule after a quick discussion. However, only games that do not need much preparation were inserted in the new schedule. I know that some of us were upset with this matter but flexibility is needed here.
            We came back at 2.00 and the first game is played. However, the starting yet not too smooth. Five of the groups have to play the games outside the hall and I am one of the facilitators that in-charge of the groups outside the hall. It was so frustrating and irritating when we have no idea where to play the games and which game to start first. Frankly speaking, the places were not suitable and comfortable for the participants to carry on with the activities. Finally, we have decided to settle on a not-to-large wooden stage in front of the swimming pool with a hope it will be able to fit in about fifty of us. Remarkably, we were able to conduct all the games successfully. All the facilitators and participants enjoyed the games very much. Congratulations to Vee, Kak Nini, Lenny, Nik, Asotha, Poovanes, Kak Watee, and Hanim for the job well done. We have started very bad but grow beautifully towards the end. The participants were also great. They give their best and cheer energetically. That is the spirit we hope to get.
            During the drama presentation, I have got my first task as one of the safety committeeJ. One of the groups has broken up one of a glass that they are going to use as prop for the drama presentation. Thanks to my other committee mates and other facilitators friends for the help during the incident. Talking about the drama presentation, I have tried to do my best to handling the session with Vee and Jehan and I am very grateful that the slot is done quite successful.
            Last but not least, like my other friends I am very upset with the closing that we could not perform the surprised we have been prepared for long. Anyway, I have to admit that this English camp is the best camp I have ever joined obviously because the experience I have gained as the facilitator. I think that is all from me for now. Congratulations to all my friends and to Mr. G of course, you are all the best.
 
Me, Myself & My life?
Noormadiana Aziz
na_diana95@yahoo.com
 


New Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ana….My neighbour

Choice of place….. Well, Ana, you have a point on that and I surely agree with you. The places were not suitable and comfortable enough for the participants to carry on with the activity. First and foremost, when choosing a place for an event that needed us to ensure the participant feel relaxed and can digest all the learning that we provided to them is the flexibility of the place. Make sure the place chosen suitable for indoor and also outdoor game….

irie

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum...
yes... yes... im fascinated with what you all have done on the game venue selection. As i mention in my reflection about this Tanjung Bidara Resort is unsuitable at all.... did I? gosh, i got blurred.
anyhow, you guy did your best and i heard a lot of romours that groups played outside were more "alive" than those inside.
with that i congratulate u all...

Maximas

salina said...

Ana,
i'm happy to see u running in the KTF hall. Yes! u did give all out and congtulations on that. i'm glad that i got to know u better and better and through what i have seen i know u are a strong girl.. good luck for the exams and see u around.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana

Having such a good partner like you gives me support and spirit to end this camp successfully. First and foremost, I would like to dedicate this special thanks to you because you were accepting me as your partner after some changes happened. I didn’t expect this could happen which I felt uncomfortable to make you separating from your partner, Hanim. Well, lastly we managed to consider other people conditions and being such a good facilitator for our participants, Red Cat. I agreed with you, in preparing a place to conducting big events like this, we should chose a places are not only providing beautiful scenery but together with the appropriate place to run the activities. I’m still remember during the pyramid game, we are losing our turn to participate in that game because our group was ‘hiding’ somewhere and had our cheer group practice while waiting the game to start we had time to appreciating the beautiful beach. At last, we make as a winner for the best garbage collector.