Saturday, March 25, 2006

Post Mortem: Contributions to the Language Camp

Assalamualaikum and hi to everyone J
I?m very happy and glad that our English Language Camp has been held successfully in Tanjung Bidara Resort, Melaka from 10 until 12 March 2006. It is jointly organized with college 9 and Kolej Tun Fatimah. At first when we stepped in the hall, I felt quite nervous to see a quite large number of participants.I still remembered how excited and happy we were in the KTF, during the ice-breaking session. I was asked by friends to recite a prayer among us, to give us strength and spirit to do the best at that night. It seems we hold heavy things on our shoulders. Actually I was under registration however all of that covered by the committee of college 9 and KTF. I was facilitator for Brown Cat group. There were 9 members of my group. I love the part where the participants found their own facilitators. Unluckily, I was easily identified as my group members.
In the early morning of Saturday, we departed to Tanjung Bidara, Melaka by UTM bus. The journey is tiring and it took almost 5 hours. We arrived at Tanjung Bidara Resort in the afternoon. I almost lost my game, The Magic Box game slot which will be played before lunch. There, we are gathered in a hall and waiting for the briefing from the accommodation committee..
As Students? Welfare committee, I studied the schedule of program and informed the Muslim participants to perform their jama? takdim prayer in Zuhur time. I also surveyed any big place provided to perform prayer together. However, the resort did not provide any space for that purpose. Then, I discussed with Mr. G and we got decision that all Muslim participants will perform their prayer individually in their room since the room is big and comfortable. 
Since we arrived late at Tanjung Bidara Resort, some of the games are postponed to next slot. However, I lost my turn for my game because of limited time. I accepted it with open-minded because we need to be flexible to the time, be prepared for any possibilities happened. As facilitator I facilitated my group in every session, gave them encouragement and spirit in all game activities. However, I felt quite disappointed because I missed ?Guess It? game due to misunderstanding about schedule.I truly wanted to see the reaction of students during the game.
Early in the morning of 12 March, we woke up earlier and have a short jogging and Total Physical Response (TPR). After the aerobic session, I was informed that one of my group members was sick. I went to her room quickly with first kit committee, Mimi and Nick and also Len. We brought the breakfast and asked her to take rest since she got migraine. We reminded her, if she has any problems soon, she should inform us.
In general, I can say that this camp is successful because I can see smiles on the face of participants. They enjoyed our camp very much. That?s all, Wassalam.
 
## MaSLiZa MaT ZaLi ##
 


Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum..

It is okay liza..although you lost your turn for your game, your game is still a good game and I enjoyed it during the play day last month. If possible, we planned to conduct all the games but unfortunately we could not. Whatever, you and hanim have done your responsibilities in providing materials and making some changes or improvement for your game. It is good effort indeed.you both still can be proud of yourselves. Besides, you are good and caring facilitator. I am sure you were worried when one of your group members was sick. Luckily nothing worse happened to her. good luck to you liza…wish you happiness and good life ahead.

julaine

Anonymous said...

helo liza...hey, it has always been my dreams to become a doctor, ..it was my parents' dream... Since i have the chance to care for the sick, i feel relief...i'm happy that i was able to be there and lend a helping hand...Firkah looked so pale, and she shocked me to death...i have no experience at all taking care for those diagnosed with low blood pressure , and i was a bit nervous back then...hehehehehe.....do you think i have this "thing" to be a doctor??

Anonymous said...

Akum... Sis LIza

i guess you did a great job in welfare. You were so conscious on ur duty. i admit that. one more thing. about your tolerance. Hmm. you really have a good quality to be a loveable person. very tolerant. I am a cool person, but being tolerant may not be one of them,

salina said...

Dear Liza,
I'm glad u commented my entry. anyway, thanx for the compliment. u've done a good job too in facilitating ur cats. u r quiet but full of tapioca.... hehe (diam-diam ubi berisi ler...) anyway, good luck for ur exams and good luck for next week presentation... lots to do huh?