Monday, July 07, 2003

I feel good!!!

Dear Fellas!!!
Hello, everyone! It's me again! I think this time, I know exactly what should I write in this gameplan section. Today, I would like to talk about this coming language camp that will be held most probably, somewhere in Pulai during this coming weekend. For this first language camp, I will be going as one of the volunteers. The participants are first year UTM's students and there will be more than 100 of them. All of us, who will be going to the camp as facilitators had our first meeting on Thursday, about two weeks ago. During the meeting, my friends and I were given the responsibilty of setting out the rules for the participants all along their three days and two nights' stay in Kaizen Camp. Our "disciplinary team" which consists of me, Naterah, Chiau Ching and Shuhada have set out the rules which govern several important aspects such as safety, punctuality and a few more aspects, which I have already forgotten. And during last week's meeting, I just found out that the Treasure Hunt activity, which will be incharged by Syarul and Kama will also involve the participations of the facilitators. I hope I will have so much fun in this language camp. Anyway, one more thing that I would like to share with you readers, is that last Friday, the Fourth Year TESL students who are taking the course of Language Games in this semester had a workshop for about three and a half hours. During the workshop, we have tried out 7 games which will be used as language activities for the language camps. The games that have been tried out are Bingo, Add One More, Flip A Card, Snap, Sentence Scrabble, Othello and Build A Bridge. I noticed that during the trying out of the games, Mr. G and other coursemates gave us(Damien and I, who had come out with the Othello game or its original name, Draughtsmen On Parade) lots of information and opinions on how to improve our game so that participants of this coming language camp would be able to play this game successfully. Thanks a million, ya' all!! I think that would be all for this time. I'll wrire again, soon. For now, bye guys!!!

No comments: