Monday, July 14, 2003

Hello I'm Here!

To everyone out there hi and welcome...yup its amazing how time flies now its tuesday and just a few days ago i was experiencing things that i cannot forget for the rest of my life...i just wanna say a big sorry to all of you at the language camp for being pain in the neck! I thought alot about my attitude and i felt that i was being selfish! The reason for me being not me at the camp had nothing to do with the place the food or the participants but rather my own judgement of other people, in simple words...i was not satisfied with the attitude of some people, but this is really not their fault and i was being "over" i should had taken a different view and see things differently...next was because i was tired most of the time i did not have a good night rest prior to the camp and going to bed late at night at a new place did not help much too...and lastly...many people do not know this but when im the "teacher" I AM more serious and i am different then when im in class mainly being me not wanting the participant to see the crazy and bubbly side of me ask PM Dr Annie how serious i was when i was at my practical! Enough abot me..lets go to other people...to all facilitators except Kamal and Abg Shah, i wrote you luv letters and what i felt and wrote is sincere and by no mean "lazering" pls dont take it the wrong way ok! Thank to Mr G, Miss Fatimah, En Farouk and Dr Norazman for the support and encouragement...you were the greatest..you all had given us the sense of confidence and a new perpective in the teaching of english...true enough there will never be a ring or a magic wand or pill that would give you the mastery of the language overnight but i believed that if we all work together we are that "magic" we are the "workers of a miracle"...only two days and we see the difference and imagine the lives of people we change in a lifetime as and English teacher in near future! This goes out to Dini, my dear what gives you the impresion that you did not perform well and how could you say you were not meant to be a teacher...you were being hard on yourself and costantly blaming yourself and thus lowering yourself esteem! In all the post mortem session we had never once i heard you ever saying you were good enough..you are smart and really good in the language and you know what? you are what i called the "new-breed" of teachers...fun, loving, cool, very hip and happening just like our lecturers and i truly believe you will be able to connect with the students...is that not what a teacher suppose to be, truly understanding and really able to connect with them...as for me most of the time i had difficulties to connect with them simply because i was not up-to-date enough in the music scene or other thigs for that matter, i am really traditional in my way of teaching and the only things that makes me what i am today is my passion and inspiration from my parents! and trust me i have seen many many teachers along the way and i know what makes an effective teacher.Thats all you are and what forever you will be-a great person and trust me great people makes great teachers...dont believe me look at Mr.G, Miss Fatimah, no!...wait...look at all our TESL lecturers...many of us i believe reflects the best in most of our lectures in our personality!
And lastly to Syarul...again and again you amazed by me with just how cool, calm and collected you were with the whole thing and i know you were dissatisfied with our performance and we are really sorry for not leaving up to your expectations and believe me you did great, we drew alot of strenght and support from you..and trust me i have been around you long enough to know what your face tells me!Hahaha!To that geko in our bathroom good luck in scaring the next batch of facilitators! To all bye and like Terminator...I'll be back! p/s: I AM NOT PAKCIK! I DONT CARE WHAT THAT BOY SAID AT THE CAMP, I AM NOT PAKCIK OK!

No comments: