Wednesday, February 06, 2002

Your Are What You Write
I really have a good time reading your weblogs (Diaryland and Blogger). I feel like I know each one of you as a person although I don't spend time talking to you. It's interesting that you pour your hearts on your weblog just to take negative stuffs out of your system. Some of you mixed the languages and codeswitched like nobody's business. I have no problem with that, as long as you have finished the requirements of the task. Nevertheless, please consider this. I read Suhaimi's PSM. He wrote, a good writer writes for an audience (Suhaimi, 2001 ;-)). Who is your audience? I know that almost all of you read each other's entries. I know for a fact that an English teacher from Kedah is keenly monitoring your activities through your weblogs. Ev, the person responsible for Blogger, might also read your entries. To tell you the truth, you have the power to reach people all over the world. Those who have access to the Internet can read your entries. With power comes responsibility. Power without control is nothing. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. (I can on and on). Bear in mind, I will not eavaluate you based on your moral value. That's not in my marking scheme. I'll just evaluate you based on whether you have completed the task or not. As for the ethic of the contents of your entries, I will let your audience judge you on that. Nature will take its course.

If you have been following the entries in Gameplan and its guestbook, you might have known that there is a conflict going on. In the beginning, I didn't want to be involved but both parties had mentioned my names several time. (Speak of the devil.. :-)) I have to state my stand here. FYI, I smiled looking at the entries made both parties. Arguments and rebuttals were hurled at each other. (Farizal, you might want to study this.) Then, they started to gather supporters. I kept smiling. Controversy sells media, and in our case, Gameplan has started to gain popularity because of this controversy. Let me quote a message sent to me from Kedah, "suka cikgu baca ragam murid dan guru" I sort of agree with her. To both warring factions, you can entertain us further by continuing your amusing debate or you start kiss and hug each other. It's your choice. My philosophy is simple. You can quote me, "In everything, there's a lesson. Learn it."

No comments: