Monday, February 11, 2002

Hi everyone. Okay…to continue about the stay at Air Manis. I was talking about the language problem in my last entry, so I will continue from there.
I help manage the kids in hall. It seemed that every facilitator had a different way of keeping the kids occupied. I had my own way….making them ‘play’ while singing, but of course, I was talking in English and most of them had not the least idea about what I was trying to convey…LOL. The kids liked me, I think, but they had great fun with Christine, Farhana too.
Talking about the kids reminds me of the treasure hunt. I was incharge of one of the checkpoints, and was given a heap of envelopes by Suhaimi, the treasure hunt coordinator. Kids from different groups were dashing past me from time to time, most of whom had no facilitators with them. They were such fast runners! I helped some of them with the questions in the envelopes regardless that they were not my ducks (LOL…like that is such a noble thing to do!). The game was quite fun for the kids (not for the facis who had to run for their lives to keep up with their children.).
When the Okapi game was played in the evening, my ducks emerged as the winners. I helped the game coordinators (Christina and Shu Pyng) calculate the marks given by the judges ( I was one of the judges too!). Counted everything twice to make sure it was accurate. Didn’t want any injustice to occur. I also helped to keep the kids under control when a mishap happened among one of the facilitators and several other facis had to tend to her.
When sleeping time came, I ran up and down the children’s sleeping quarters, trying to get the kids who were hungry to go to the canteen to have their supper, and the ones who were not, prepare for bed. I went to the toilets NUMEROUS times because the kids were afraid of PENUNGGU’s (whatever that was) and insisted that I become their grand toilet chaperone.
Okay, I think I have blown my own trumpet very loudly already for one entry. Forgive me friends, but I think that’s what the gameplan requires us to do rite? Voice our contributions – a task which I find very difficult to keep modest, LOL.
Bye everyone.

No comments: