Monday, February 11, 2002

HI everyone it's me again with a big tummy after a sumptious reunion lunch with my family. Since my sister has to go to in-laws tonight. Well anyway tomorrow is Chinese New Year so Gong Xi Fa Cai to everyone :) I guess I will talk a lil about my language camp experience heheh. Wow we had to wake up really early that morning about 6.00am. I went for a bath and my teeth were chattering from the cold. Heheheh then waited for Christina to come. She brought her bumble bee with her!! I quickly asked Dave to get my small pillow from upstairs. I am thankful for that pillow. Since we didn't have pillows to sleep on. Puy Yih brought her blanket which is really a great move because since the four of us slept in the hall we were shivering from the cold. I woke up in the early morning and had to turn of the fan. And even after that it was cold. That was the first night for us. Freezing sleep after heart-to-heart talks. This camp not only made me realise certain things about certain people, but it helped me to be more patient towards the students. They do not have a high command of English and when I see them struggling to understand. I do not get frustrated. Instead, I wish to help them to understand and to make things easier for them. Even if frustration arises, it soon fades away, because I know my duty there. And my duty is to facilitate them. Not to make those 2 days a living hell for them. Christine, Christina and Puy Yih were really good at keeping the kids busy with singing songs. As for me, Banchee, Fyla and me went out in the scorching sun to hang up the banner..LOL it was sort of funny because the rafia string kept snapping so many times and we had to tie it over and over again. :P Then after that I wandered into the hall, and tried to help Mak E T with the back drop since we used to do that in secondary school. So I helped a lil. But I soon saw that I not really needed since everyone piled in to help. So I went to Christina and the others and try to help with the singing. I guess I am really terrible with kids. Well anyway lunch time and dinner time came eventually :) The food was not so bad compared to the jungle police camp I went to in secondary school were we had rations :) Of course it was no luxury as what we could have bought ourselves. But life is never a smooth pavement eh? :) Take the good with the bad.Besides, for me, it's just more experience to be gained :) I guess that's all about the language camp from me now. I will be back again tomorrow. As usual :) Now...I have to help my mom prepare steamboat and I have to help decorate the house too :P Take Care and see ya

No comments: