Wednesday, February 13, 2002

This report is the continuation of mine..
I felt a bit anxious at the day I arrived in the school..with Mr. G, of course. The school did not look the way I described in my head before. I knew that everything would be exciting. When we introduced ourselves to the students in the front, I had to shout out my name. Urgh..how I hated it, cause I have a very, very slow voice..seems that my practical days did not taught me well to use my voice projection loudly.
The games that I and shu pyng conducted with the kids made them excited. I enjoy teaching as well as playing those games. The Scavanger Hunt was verry usefull to the students. But they did not manage to come out with a lot of vocabularies. At least Shu Pyng and I tried to give them more input. I enjoy seeing them competing among each other. they seemed encouraged when they knew about the stars that they have to collect in order to win a prize.
For the word stem, at first the three of us, farhana, Shu Pyng and I got confused on how to conduct this game. This is because, there were only ten students and it is hard to divide them in to groups. So we did it in pairs. The students enjoyed the game too, although they seemed carried away at first. The students were very good and payed attention. What good kids they were...
Ha..ha. My own game, "Win Lose Or Draw" was quite hard for them to play. Some of them were too shy to draw, and some of them do not have the knowledge of simile, so they could not guess. So I decided to introduced all the similies in the envelope, and made them remember. After that they played well.
About the Pyramid Game, I'm dissapointed that the game suddenly was 'rejected'. I think we could have played it..we can change the games rule, what..make the facilitators help the students to describe to their friends. At least they can learn something, because some of us have put our effort finishing the board, as well as the words in each catagory. Well..it's in the past now..
The Kids really enjoyed Tressure Hunt. I was left behind when they kept on running, and rushing here and there. The check points were jumbled up, especially after we got the last question even though we have just completed two. Never mind, It's an interesting game for them. Although we did'nt win, we still have those sweet memories, taking care of the baloon and rushing here and there.
I can still remember the night we had to sleep in school. The kids were totally scared and started to talk about ghosts and make them even more scared. They did'nt want to sleep! It was pretty tough to take care of them that ninght. But I could not understand..how can they woke up earlier than me??
The second day, which was the last day at school, I felt sad and happy. Sad because I have to leave those sweet kids..and happy because I miss to have a nice hot bath and a nice sleep in my cosy bed. So pathetic of me..
Thanks a lot to Mr. G. that help my group a lot with coming out with a group song. "You're at the left I'm at the right.."....
I enjoy beeing there...It is a memory for me to remember...











































No comments: