Wednesday, February 13, 2002

A meeting on 24th of January, 2002 was held after Language Games class. I was asked to prepare a booklet for the Language Camp and Ana handed me in a hard copy of the previous camp’s booklet. I studied it and for one thing, tried to figure out what I was going to slot in besides the tentative and the list of the facilitators. I was asked to collaborate with the program coordinators in order to make sure where and when I can slot in the activities prepared for the students. I was almost torn apart whether to do the tentative as simple as the previous booklet or as specific as the one in the proposal. Well, Ana and I decided to do it exactly what’s in the proposal but more detailed on the activities (the name of the activities so that the students know). Ana did require me to add in objectives of the program and some sing-along songs. I guess I didn’t have the problem with the objectives (copy and paste mode, ma’am!) but the sing-along-songs were surely pretty funny since I didn’t grow up with “Jack and Jill went up to a hill” besides “twinkle, twinkle little star” and “london bridge is falling down”. So, I did seek help from these friends of mine to come up with suitable songs for the students which were easy to comprehend and easy to sing along to. I guess I did come up with a few songs which one or two were not that appropriate. So, I again came up with other few songs to make it complete six sing-along songs. I think I remember that I needed to hand in Ana something early in the morning which was a new proposal through Puh Yih as they’d be going to the school on that particular day. I guess these were all done on Tuesday of 29th. On the following day, changes were done here and there especially with the contents of the tentative. An autograph page was added apart from cute little pictures at the front and inside of the booklet. Linda was there helping Sabariah with the backdrops when I was doing the final touch of the booklet. She did ask me that maybe I could add in these words of wisdom where I asked one from Ana. So, I guess the job was nearly done that I needed to photocopy the actual one for 150 copies and brought them on that very night as we had this materials completion at 8 pm.

Posted by: Hanimarlia bt. Hassan (Username: mikewazoesky) using Sharifah’s file (Username:howsh)

No comments: