Wednesday, February 13, 2002



I know this must be way too late for me too report what I did prior to the language camp. However, I must say I need to fulfill the requirement even though it won’t be enough. So, here it is. We had the first meeting on Wednesday, 2nd of January 2002 in the usual venue where we have our Language Games class. We actually started the meeting at barely 9.15 a.m., (I guess…) with Farhana, our Program Director addressing the meeting. As a vice secretary, I was needed to jot down what’s important in the meeting so that I have these brief ideas on what’s in the proposal while Azura, the secretary was doing all the minutes for the meeting. During that meeting, a lot of ideas were poured in by the fellow friends on where we were going to have the language camp. For some extends, there were different suggestions from two different groups where they had these different locations on having that particular camp. From what I understood, we had the problems to decide whether to do it in a rural or urban area. One of the students suggested the idea on having the camp in SK Air Manis since she has a strong connection with that particular school while there was other suggestion too which as far as I remember, it was SK Skudai. Pros and cons were pointed out to make the final decision which school would be it and SK Air Manis got the most votes based on the idea of having the most co-operation and helping hands from the particular community. And, I guess all I needed to do after the meeting ended were to prepare the proposal/working paper, a letter to the dean and the school, a sponsorship letter and a name list of the Language Games’ students. By the way, I was asked to collaborate with the first secretary but I didn’t do so (Hi! Hi!). Before I forgot, we did set the date for the language camp on 9th to 10th February which was before Lunar New Year but it was not confirmed yet. At the end of the meeting, I was reminded by Farhana to finish the paper work which should be handed to her on the coming Friday, 4th of January, 2002. Thanks to her so very much that I was given the soft copy of previous proposal done by the previous students by Farhana herself. So, I guess I didn’t have the problems to do the working paper but I needed to submit to her earlier for the final checking and editing. I think she did give me a guidebook on how to do the working paper as the reference.

Posted by: Hanimarlia bt. Hassan (Username: mikewazoesky) using Sharifah’s file (Username:howsh)

No comments: