Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Yo peeps... It's my last entry. WooHoo!! But later tonight I will be posting the entry for my assignment. Either that or tomorrow morning. Wow I am full. Was at my aunt's place earlier on and she's a great cook. *rubs my tummy* all fatten up now *giggles* Alright, let's get down to business. I still need to write my entry about the language camp. Well let's talk about the second day then. We woke up with no problem at all since the children were running everywhere being hyper active. But we were a lil behind schedule though because we woke up at 6.30am. Half an hour later than we should have woken up. It was freaking cold and all four of us woke up and carried our luggage back to the bilik sumber. Almost everyone was still asleep. =) We didn't want to wake them up so we used my torchlight to look for stuff and all that. The toilet had no water, so we had to use some taps near the canteen. It was alright.
Then after that when everyone has woken up we started to do exercises. Puy Yih, Norlie and I were in charge of that. I didn't know what to think. I was like, I have ideas but I know they wouldn't listen to me. And I was right. They listened to Puy Yih's orders but when I talked I was like talking to the wind. They only listened when Puy Yih asked them too. I am such a failure huh? But well I don't really care since I don't intend to be a teacher anyway.
Well enough about that, after that we had to practise for drama. They did really well, during the practice in class, because we practiced and practiced. Our group was the first group that went. I don't want to sound like I am a sore loser or anything, but when I looked at the score, I think the judges were not being very fair. The student's performance should be based on how THEY perform. Not how facilitators get into the scene to help them ( as one group did ). I pitied my 'cows' not because they lost, but because they didn't get the marks that they should have gotten after practicing so hard. Maybe it was just a simple sketch. But I think that they should have looked beyond that into the students participation and effort. Besides, no one told us what were the criterias that they were looking for. And all of a sudden, they have to write, on the spot, papers for the judges. Ana said that creativity should not be included, because it wouldn't be fair. Puy Yih and I agreed. But it was added anyway. And of course, those groups who thought of props and all that got more marks. I really enjoyed Puy Yih's 'ducks' group. It was funny, creative and the students did make us of the language. I thought they would have won. But well... I just want to say congratulations to Puy Yih's group for coming in Second in the camp. :)
It was a good experience on the whole, but I was tired and I missed my boyfriend. So much so that when the bus stopped to fill up petrol at Petronas, I slid of the bus, said bye and took a cab home. =) I hope everyone had a good time at the camp and well I guess this is the last gathering thing for us since the class camp isn't really working out. Good luck and Best wishes for the future guys :) Adios Amigoes.

No comments: