Thursday, April 12, 2007

Repost: Contribution & Reflection, by Izzati

[My Contribution]
 
Before the camp..
 
5 February 2007
As the head of Facilitators' Manual bureau my duty started after we had our first rehearsal at KTF on 5 February 2007. From the day onwards I kept collecting game plan from each game masters. It was not a simple task because everybody was burdened with other assignments and projects that need to be completed. Moreover some games needed changes after we identified some problems during the first rehearsal.
 
8 February 2007
Malini and I met Mr.G to discuss about both facilitators and students' manual. Mr. G gave us the sample of the manuals and explained to us what he expected from our bureaus. Mr G also asked me to give him the first draft of facilitators' manual on the first day after Chinese New Year Celebration which is on Wed, 21 Feb. (Need to came back early, pity me huh?!) Then I went to see Salveen and Shereena to divide our tasks. (Thanks for both of you!!).
 
20 February 2007
Wani gave me the facilitators' manual for Camp A that had been edited by Mr.G. When I got the manual I did some changes according to the needs of Camp B. Thanks to Wani for helping me to do the editing.
 
21 February 2007
As promised I handed in the first draft of the facilitators' manual to Mr.G.
 
22 February 2007
Besides the formal meeting in the classroom Sulia, Azra, Salveen, Shereena, Malini, Sumitha and I had an informal meeting at my room. We had a discussion on how to do the grouping since there were too many students to cater. We took into consideration the location, the student (passive @ active) as well as the nature of the game itself. We had also changed some of the games' names, i.e: (Speaking Salveen -> The Magic Box).
 
26 February 2007
We had our 2nd formal meeting. Camp A group suggested than we need Plan B. I was assigned to collect Plan B to be included in the manual. Besides, some games need to be replaced with more suitable games. The manual kept changing
 
6 March 2007
We had our 3rd meeting. The way of grouping the students need to be changed due to some problems (Form 3 & 5 joined later). The manual need some alteration (again!). Thanks s lot Andrew for helping me to edit the final draft of the manual!!
 
19 March 2007
The manual was distributed to all Camp B facilitators. [fuuuhhhh~]
 
22 & 23 March 2007
2nd and 3rd Rehearsal – I helped the Aisyah & Aishah (material bureau) to prepare the materials.
 
During the camp..
 
24 & 25 March 2007
Unforgettable moment with the 'kids'!!!
 
My other tiny winy contributions:
  1. Helped Ammani & Grace to treat two sick girls. (Luckily I brought my personal First Aid Kit).
  2. Lend 5 extension wires to K. Jeya (equipment bureau).
  3. Ran to all the headquarters to distribute the 'missing' files.
  4. Became the make up artist for my actresses (the beauty contest in Pak Pandir II)
  5. Chocolate & candies for the students (they were hungry, pity them uh?)
  6. Cookies for the fe-c? (yana! hehe).
 
That's all for the show off time!
 
 
With lots of love.. XOXO
Nurul Izzati Md Amin.
(The head of facilitators' manual bureau)
 
 
My Reflection
 
On 24th March 2007, the bus came sharp at 6.50 a.m. Being the first person to step into the bus at 6.55 a.m., I had a strong feeling that it was indeed a good start. I believe that all the facilitators were ready both physically and mentally for the 'battle'. Everybody was punctual, the souvenirs, materials and luggages filled the bus' compartment. It seemed like nothing was wrong and everything will be just fine. And it was! Congrats to all..
 
Well, looking back at the reason why we use games in teaching English language, one of the reasons is to help and encourage many learners to sustain their interest and work. I personally think that we have no doubt about it at all by now. Right friends? Language games really work to foster the students' autonomy to learn and learn and learn and even dream in English.. (when they are too tired with our activities!!)
 
I really enjoyed all the games especially 'battleship' (congrats kak nabilah), 'treasure hunt' (thanks azma & noni for giving us the chance to listen to all the group cheers), 'happy melodies' (good job,ina! You have chosen the right songs, FINALLY! Hehe..), the morning exercise (well done to all the stars: Fadhli, Malini & Shereena) and not forgetting the Drama presentation! (my 'kids' made it to the final!). The students are gifted, it is such a waste if they do not get the chance to explore their capabilities. The satisfaction came when the students' light were on (I quoted Mr.G). However I hate it when we need to leave them. It was too short for me. I didn't get enough..i missed them, really. Even until now the students keep sending me sms and asking us to go there again. I'm so touched. It was such a precious memory for me. Thanks a lot Mr.G for all your guidance.
 
Truly, madly, deeply,
+ izzati +
 
 
 


The fish are biting.
Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

firstly, what's all the XOXO stuff about? that word is appearning everywhere...like some kind of virus...

ok, you have a long detailed list like a diary/journal.... no doubt you did a lot of work. no further questions. everything is appreciated.

>His Excellency Sir Andrew, AMN.

Anonymous said...

Hi Izzati!!
It was great working with you in Group B!! You did good job as a facilitator!! Bubye!!

Anonymous said...

congrats zati, u did well.the manual is a lifesaver.it was a hard job,going back n forth editing n getting approval frm his highness Mr.G[hehe...]
i was glad tht u were in my group. our group was the best! they were ok.no prob.
mistakes happened. some we can correct,some not.just make new adjustments as we move on.

Anonymous said...

salam
hola zt..first of all congrate to us for our success..next,would like to thank u for the facis' manual. it helped me a lot throughout the camp.btw,don't have opportunity to 'conteng'da banner rite?nevermind,i'll giv u chance to conteng our VB projct right? :P what else huh?mmm..oh ya..andrew asking what is "xoxo"stands for right?well andrew..it stands for "hugs n kisses" ..roger that? :) really nice working with u zt..all da best for your exam..take care..

++ nana ++

Anonymous said...

How many reflection did you post??i thought i saw the reflection and contribution of izzati appearing more than a time??or was it just my eyes tricking on me??..hm.(Laugh out loud)Izzati i want to thank you so much for your minyak kapak and biscuits.It actually reduced the pain of a child.By the way i want to congratulate for carrying out such a good job and thank you for all the help you have contributed to make this camp a success.take care and may you are always happy and cheerful.

Anonymous said...

~salam~

hai zati..hmm..what should i say here..ok..firstly,,congrats for the good work u done as the head of the fac manuals..n well done for you job in being a facilitator..
next..thanx for sharing ur bed with me..huhu or i'll freeze to death sleeping on the floor.., thanx also for allowing me t work hand-in-hand with u throughout the camp..i really appreciate it..
somehow..throughout the camp..i can see the other side of u that i have never seen b4..n it really amazed me at how wondeful u are..
all in all...best of luck and good wishes for u in the upcoming final...(^-^)

Anonymous said...

Hello Zati!
First..Andrew(the so-called royalty), XOXO stands for hugs and kisses, which I don't think you'll be getting any from Zati..haha. Anyway, what la..this is suppose to be about Zati!! Zati girl, like what Ammani said that day in the dorm, we saw a side of you that we had never seen. The usual 'manja' Zati turned into a firm and authoritative person.. it was great! And a very good job in being the head of the manual bureau!

Anonymous said...

hi izati!!
mmm..I don't know where to start...basically..you did an excellent job for the faci manual!! I'm very thankful for all your contribution!! without you, we won't have a good guide book to help us!! hehe..hope you'll keep it up!! (since you'll be meeting Mr G again next sem for PSM!! hehe..)good luck,girl!!

-xoxo-suYa-

NorAiSha said...

salamz..

hi zatii...sorryglory for my very222 late testimoni..hopefully; still can be counted..(juz came bck from d hometown).but the most important thing is to send my/our gratitude to you nyour bureau due to the contribution towards the camp.thanks for prepared us the veryprecious manual.without it, we r kind of 'lost'...hahaha.thanks and sorry for everything.congratulation for the success..togetherr..together...
Gd Luck for final dik!

THE NAME is N.O.R.A sumthin'

Anonymous said...

i hereby, close this post.
uwaa..wont there be any other blog to discuss about the camp? so sad~