Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My Contribution………naaah……..it's my responsibility…
 
 
In this wonderful, marvelous and a great language camp I was appointed as food and refreshment bureau and my assistant is Ruby. At first we thought there won't be any problems regarding the food as the school sponsored the food for us. But then…..we were so….wrong because we started to receive lots of complaints regarding the food especially the Sunday one with the mee masin and with the makcik canteen who refused to prepare plain water for the facilitators even though Ruby and I keep reminding the makcik to do so. Fortunately our Sunday breakfast was saved by Dr.Norazman coz he is the one who bought the breads for the facilitators. Thanks a lot Dr….. And here I would like to take this opportunity to apologies to all the facilitators if you have any dissatisfaction regarding the food. Hmmmmm…..I think its enough of the foods here.
 
            I was in group D (fantastic 3) during the whole camp, under Fadhli as a mini director. It's always fun and comfortable working with Fadhli. In group D, I facilitated a group named ghost riders with Siti Aisyah who always has a beautiful smile in her face. Ghost riders are really a superb group. They simply active, energetic, and sporting……..I hope Aisyah do agree with me…do u Aisyah…? I really excited and enjoy myself helping these wonderful participants through out the camp and I feel lucky because my relationship with the participants is not limited as a facilitator but its more to friends.
 
            In group D, I was appointed to brief about the game battleship, who am I (in a small group), and future in your hand (with fadhli). I believe that I had given a clear briefing about all those games, because all the mentioned games went on smooth and with a great success. Especially battleship, the most popular and favorite game among the participants (we played this game twice). They really enjoyed the game so much……thanks for the game master of this game. For treasure hunt, I helped Salveen with her checkpoint……hhhhhmmmmm actually there is nothing I helped her….we just sat there relaxing and enjoying the cheers of all the 12 groups.
 
            The next day (Sunday), I thought wanna help my participants with their drama preparation….but for my surprise they were all set for the presentation. I was really proud of them at the moment and until now. Language camp……we mainly prepared it for the participants………..but its end up with both the participants and the facilitators (even Mr.G) enjoy it and share the happiness equally.
 
My other contribution:
 
  • Before the camp
ü      Change the game 'catch me if you can' to 'who am I'
ü      Prepare the materials for the game with some help from my friends.( Ruby, Salveen and Grace)
ü      Help others to prepared and complete their materials
ü      Help Siti Aishya and Aishah Amira to carry the materials from their car to DSI, KTF with some other friend
 
  • During the camp
ü      Help other facilitators in give instruction on the games
ü      Help my group in creating their group cheer
ü      I was appointed as one of the judge for the drama competition
 
·        After the camp
ü       Give the pictures that I take during the language camp to the person who collecting all the pictures.
ü      Hhrrrrrmmm…….give comments for others (don't you think this as one of the contribution too?hehehe)
 
-Withloveandsmileu-sumi-
 
 
 
 
 
Reflection………
 
English language camp……the most tiring and exhausted  but at the same time most enjoyable and memorable thing in my life………….the success of this camp is all because of you my dear friends……………a million thanks for all of you and to Mr.G too. I'm pretty sure that, all of us enjoy this camp together with the participants. From my opinion our great team work is a leading point earns the success for this language camp.
 
This language camp had though me a lot…….especially in improving my English. I learned that to make/teach others to speak in English we should be confident with our self first. At the same time, we must show the students the enjoyment of learning the language in a different way rather than the same chalk and talk method.
 
Above all these, this language camp had gave me a wonderful time to understand and get close to all my course mates, a special thanks to Mr.G  for providing this opportunity for me. For Mr.'s information this is a first time we spend time together (means we stayed together a whole nite).
 
The best moments for me during this camp are, when we conducted the battleship game, happy melody (thanks to our cute Ina), the drama preparation and presentation and at the last the MOST unforgettable moment… when all the participants standing and fill the every corner of the school compound and give us a great farewell……………. IT'S REALLY GREAT………"language camp" such a priceless memory in my life…………….
 
-Withloveandsmile ur-sumi-


Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sumi.. it had been a great experience working with you again after the MHS..hehe..we've made a good team rite?=) thanks for all the help and for all the energy that made our Group the BEST!!

Anonymous said...

Sumi...
very energetic and happy all the time..that is what i can describe her throughout the camp...
sumi...i am really sad when i remembered that mee masin incident...
pity the students... i see that they tried their best to eat that "mee" as they were hungry and there is no other places that they can get food.. they eat that "mee" and then, they drink the water, and then continue eating that "mee" again.. poor them

azma

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumi!

I always give up to you when it comes to 'explaining' or 'talking' to a big group.. hehe. Thanks for being such a helpful & supportive teammate. You're great! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumi!!

You did good job throughout the camp. when it comes to "loud" definately everybody can rely on you.Congrats for guiding your group to the best!!

Anonymous said...

ahai sumi vanji..you did great job in group D..kEEP up the good work..ALL THE BEST...

Unknown said...

Greetings!!
First of all, would like to YOU ROCK bebeh!  it’s really nice working with you throughout the camp. I enjoyed to be one of the co-faci with you in our FANTASTIC FOUR group. You are really a good faci with a powerful voice and energetic all the time. I guess I have to learn that from you.  Last but not least, take care.. Cheers!! All the best for the exam. “Aja Aja Fighting!!”

++ nana ++

NorAiSha said...

Hola Sumi!

sumimasen...(it is a kind of excuzzee me..not becoz of the mee ok? ;>)

Thanks for your bureau for the "good food management". As for the mee masen its ok.its not your fault.i ate it anyway;try hard looking for the fishballs and fishcakes everywhere..hheheh.Yup i do agree;when its come to have a natural speaker/whooper/sound systems. you can b d substitute for it!i think if jeya bureau cant manage to get the sound system or whatever..she can come to you rite?just kiddin'.hahhahah.nice to have you in da club!gd luckfor final!

THE NAME is N.O.R.A sumthin'

Anonymous said...

Sumi,
Ai Ai Capten!

Anonymous said...

cumi...cumi...
u did very well in group D... congratulations for that... as for the salty mee..itz not ur fault... neway past is past.. all the best...
bubye...luv u..

Anonymous said...

itz me malini...

Anonymous said...

Hai cumi baby...
You are simply good babe...I just love to see your smile. I think you are baby that is brought up with the sensation of laughter. You laughter and jovial attitude is something undeniable.. Millions of thanks for being the game master of 'Who Am I'and who cooperated alot in helping me with the rules of the game for faci manuals. Bye Bye

Anonymous said...

Hie Sumi!!!
I guess you did a great job!!!You managed to encourage all your students to participate in all the games.And not forgetting your sweet voice!!!hheheh.To tell you the truth, I can hear your voice giving instructions on the games from my headquarters ( Group C)What a good voice you have!!!!
Congrats Sumi!!!!!

Anonymous said...

haalllooooo fantastic sumi!!!!!
*the most popular facilitator*

hehe....you did an awesome job!!!!! really admire your spirit and passion and hardwork and cooperation. no wonder all the kids like you!!!!!!! *big grin*
congratz ya?
-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

Sumi,i guess you mis understood me...what i meant was,at the beginning there were only countable amount who were hyperactive ,but later all of them started to get invoved into it because of the facilitators..WE HAVE GOOD FACILITATORS LIKE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Sumi!!! :D
You are such a great facilitator..you did a great job in facilitating the games and also you helped control the students. I was wondering why they gave you the nickname 'Stepmother' though..you're so so cute..a bit strict, but still really fun loving! Anyway, I enjoy working with you!

Anonymous said...

Popularity contest:

during the camp, you were very popular. Score: 1 point for sumi.

at the end of the camp, i had more fans. Score: 1 point for andrew.

Comments from Mr G during post-mortem: sumi the most popular AFTER andrew. Score: 1 point for andrew

Total score? : andrew 2 points, sumi 1 point.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sumi
I think it's true what you said regarding the food. It way okay on the first day but the mee masin incident was the saltiest meal I've ever had. I think the canteen people were trying to get their own back on us. Anyway, glad to know that you enjoyed the camp. I guess we will all treasure it as one of our memorable experience as UTM Teslians. That's all from me.
Ta-Ta!

Anonymous said...

sumi!!!!!!!!!
what can i say about you?you are the star!i was glad that you were there.thanks a lot for taking care of the food together with rubi.i did enjoyed the foods except the salty fried noodle.i think everyone agree with me.i have no comment about you ok but the noodle.hahaha...take care!congrates and good luck for final exam!