Tuesday, April 03, 2007

My side of Story...

If I could tell all of you ALL of my experience throughout this language camp and its preparation, it will be too much to be written here. But I'll try to write some of it in this short writing,ok! When I was elected as the Director for this language camp, I was a bit blur as to what should I do. I've never been a director of any programme since I'm in UTM! Even though I was clueless, I took up the challenge! (Sometimes, it's rewarding to challenge yourself!!).
I was a bit surprised after I found out that I will be handling a BIG group of students (the actual number was 212). But after assurance by Mr G, I started to think that this might be fun! I started to go back and forth, up and down to offices to complete the first phase of the preparation. After the third time visiting the Dean's office and keep topping up my phone number   , I managed to get the paperwork ready to use on 9th February. (I think I don't have to tell what I've done for this camp, coz I assume everyone knows the job of a director and you've  already saw and know what I did, (I guess..hehe..)...It's not an easy job (sometimes i just want to quit!!), but now I must admit that I was a fun experience for me! *wink*)
Starting from that date, all of us work together as a family to make this language camp a successful one. We survived the grueling one and a half month of preparation, and it was time to face the real world! I am relieved that the language camp turned out so well! Thanks to everyone involved!
It was such a lovely experience! I am proud to know that our batch of TESL is so united and cooperative that we made it through the ELC smoothly!! Love u guys so much! Muah!! *wink*wink*  I am REALLY surprised that I was able to direct with minimum stress!! haHa!! Thanks to all!! You guys are really dedicated people!! Great!  I have to give credits to CampA for all your advices! Thanks!
In any programmme, there would (or MUST) be problems, but we all managed to handle it professionally and after the wonderful experience at the hostel(STARP), we kind of forgot all the problems! (right?  ;p) The super wonderful farewell our kids gave us was the most unforgettable moment throughout the ELC. Up until now,they still are missing us! Dr Azman told me they were asking for the songs and the pictures as well as the videos. Ina, I would be proud if I were you..Your Lemon Tree and 7Lonely Days are now their fav Eng songs!! Lastly, I hope that the bond that we have made through the ELC will never be loosen after this..Hope that our batch of TESLions will always be united. And love each other..TQ!! (p/s: sorry if I've done something wrong while I was the director! I'm also human..hehe..) bubbye!! *wink again..*   ;p 
~~SuYa~~~(to Mr G, it's me..SULIA..)
 


Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast
with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sue...
u did a great job as the director of the ELC.. n of course all of us did too.. it would not have been a success if there was no cooperation between all of us n correct guidance or instructions from u... n finally thanh u n really had fun working under u... bubye...

Anonymous said...

Hi again
It's good that everyone enjoyed the camp. Especially the director who had to carry the biggest responsibility. Yeah, I also think that the farewell part was touching. It's fun to have people who admire us. Now were the new 'Mawi' in STARP!

Anonymous said...

haaaa...again...=)Sulia you have to "belanja" us because we've been following your orders fore quite some weeks and now we have to write to comments for you..but its ok, nice working with you..heheh

NorAiSha said...

again...congrate suya for being a good director.you are able to carry and accomplished your responsibilities till the end.i agreed with Nonithat Everyone enjoyed the camp ;).Cooperation make perfect team,rite?thanks a bunch!credit 2 u n your roomate s well.cheers

THE NAME is N.O.R.A sometin'

Anonymous said...

Hai suya,

Thumbs up for accomplishing our mission fof the ELC 2007. Being a director is not an easy job but you mansage it babe... your commitment and guidance in helping out to make this camp a victory is simply sooo GOOD. Thanks ya for reminding me of the time constraint for each event, mis director..Bye...

Anonymous said...

hehehe...me again!!! *wink*

two thumbs up for you!

keep up the excellent work!

-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

it's me again..

Being a leader is not an easy task because we are dealing with human beings, not machines. i believe that was the hardest part, right sue? human beings have feelings.. have own stand... own believe.. everybody need to be tolerable and calm. you manage to handle all that, congrats dear.