Thursday, April 05, 2007

Contribution for language camp

MY CONTRIBUTION FOR THE LANGUAGE CAMP

Before
 
    I was assignned the task of preparing participant's manual for the camp along Malini and Ruzaini. We collected all the game manual from the game masters. After that, i helped Malini to edit the manuals according to the format. We also checked the language used in the manual so that it will be error free.
Other than that, i was the game master for "The Name Game". The game was Mr.G's idea, i only come up with the rules for the game.


During
    I was one of the captain for group B. It was fun working Jeya, kak Nabila, Izzati, Ina, Malini, and Mira.In our group B, we did not assignned any facilitatator with the briefing task for one particular slot, we did it voluntarily. As a captain, my duty was to make sure that all the stamps attaineed by my group "Harry Potter" is counted correctly. During the Tressure Hunt, i helped Azma, i was at the checkpoint L. I thoroughly enjoyed the game because i get chance to 'bully' some of the group.


MY REFLECTION ON THE LANGUAGE CAMP

    This language camp gave me a good opportunity to use only English for two whole days. it really boost my confidence in using the language. It helps me to improve my communication skill. Apart from that, this language camp  showed me that language is best learned in a fun way. Once in while, teacher have to use games to capture the students attention and make language learning more memorable.

    I also learnt that good team work will produce good result. Our camp was good example of team-work. All of us co-operated with each other. We really stand together as team.

    This camp also helped me in understanding the passive students. At the beginning they were really passive but as the time flies, they began to open up and became active. The Moral Of The Story is students were not born passive, but they were made passive, all they need is just a few words of encouragement!

    Overall, i gained a lot of experiences through this language camp. I hope the experiences will help me in the future when i become a real teacher!

PREMA..


Kini dengan simpanan sebanyak 1GB
http://my.mail.yahoo.com/

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested with your statement that you are being challenged by a girl from your group, and a boy from the other group...hehe. Well, I do think you are a good FC! =D Though it took just about 10-20 minutes sitting beside you during the Drama Presentation, but I enjoyed the drama, as well as your great laugh... Hahaha. joke huh ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that you've learned a lot from the language camp..I also never thought that you can be such a good game master..Well done,good job...

Anonymous said...

hi prema..
first of all i had a great time working alongside u in our group Harry Potter..it's my first time working with u n I enjoy it..
you've done a fantastic job in being a facilitator..keep up the good work..!
hope you can find more students who can challenge you to be the best you can be..(^-^)

Unknown said...

Greetings!!
Hye there! First of all, I would like to say that I like that “harry potter” boy. He’s good in English, right? Luckily, you are the faci.  If I were you, it will be quite tough to handle this situation, I guess. :P Anyway, you’ve done a great job. Congrate!!

++ nana ++

NorAiSha said...

Hola!

Prem; congratulation for being one of the marvellous facilitators . i can sense that u will be a good teacher in the future. regardless your 'fierce & serious face; you are actually someone tht r fun to b wit!especially during the camp including during fire at w2 kdse(k12).hhahhahahaha.

THE NAME is N.O.R.A sumthin'

Anonymous said...

Vanakam Group mate,

We were in the same group, which is Group B. I really enjoyed your company. I agree that all of us were co-operative... we worked together well.. Bravo..Good Job.

Anonymous said...

Hai miss Prem,

Congrats for being a superb facilitator. You have done a good job by trying to capture attention from the passive students. It is not impossible and that's how we as future teachers should train and try to make these students have fun with English...

Anonymous said...

hhaallllooooo premmmm!!!!!

hehehe...thanks a lot for everything ya.your passion.your spirit.your cooperation.your hardwork.
thanks for being a sporting and 'crzy' facilitator!!!!! *big grin*
-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

Prema,firstly i would like to say that you are a good facilitator....and i was interesting hearing about us stories especially about the boy who challenged you.:0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Prema!
I agree with you and I like how you said that students were not born passive..I think that if we try our best to make them participate and get them interested, I believe that they will become active. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Prema!
I liked the way you dealt with the students and try to understand them better. Yeah we all learned a lot from the camp and it also made us work together. It was a good experience for everyone and we will always remember it.
That's it, Bye!

Anonymous said...

hi prema!!

hehe..you were great at the camp!! you facial expression were always serious..but you're a great person underneath..hehe..congratulations and thank you for all your cooperation towards the camp!! luv ya!!

-xoxo-suYa-

Anonymous said...

hey prema..
1st of all, thanx a lot 4 helping with the participants manual... great working with u and being in the same group( group B)...congratulations...
bubye..

Anonymous said...

Hie Prema!
I think you did a great job! A nd the partipants manual that you ( Malini and Ruzaini prepared was really useful. Thanx a lot ya! Anyway, congrats Prema!

Anonymous said...

hi preme...
nioe working with you during the camp and the partioipants manual that you and your team did was awesome...really a good job... and really useful for both partioipants and facis...go go Harry Potter..

Anonymous said...

hi prema..
~you are such a good and tough faci>>>hehehe
~happy working with you in Group B...
good job for the partioipants manual!!!