Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Contributions for English Language Camp
 
            Some of my contributions for the English Language Camp are as follow :
 
Before :
 
I was required to work with Izzati and Salveen to prepare the facilitator's manual. So, I was required to collect all the game manuals from the game master. After collecting all the game manuals, I was supposed to edit the manuals according to the correct format. Besides that, I was also required to check the language used in developing the facilitator's manual. This is to ensure that the manuals are free of any grammar and language errors. After editing the manual, I have to compile all the game manuals  accordingly. It was Izzati's duty to meet Mr.G and correct all the works that have been
done for the facilitator's manual.
• As for the activity, I was in charge of the morning exercise. To ensure that the students will enjoy the morning exercise, I and Malini have to choose the suitable songs that can be used for the exercise. Besides that, as this was the first time I have to conduct an exercise session, so it was quite hard for me to recall all the suitable steps that can be included in the exercise. So, we have asked some help and guidance from a PhysicalEducation teacher on the ways of conducting this exercise. Furthermore, I and Malini have also watch an aerobic CD which had helped us a lot in doing some different steps for the exercise. Our friends have also contributed some ideas in choosing the right steps for the exercise session.
 
During :
 
I was required to conduct the morning exercise with Malini. We were really having a good time in conducting the exercise. The only problem in conducting the exercise was to perform it on top of four benches. It was quite risky for us to run and jump on those benches, but then we managed to conduct it without any problem. It was all our spirit
of doing it.  
• I was also asked to be a judge during the drama presentation. It was quite fun to be a judge for the drama presentation as I had a chance to watch all the drama and select the best drama among all of it. Besides choosing the best drama, I and the other facilitators were also given a chance to select the best actor and actress. I personally had a hard time choosing the best drama, actor and actress as all the groups performed very well.
• Besides that, I was also selected as a captain for the " Sponge Bob " group. My duty was to make sure that all the marks achieved by my group members were count correctly and stamps were given to them accordingly.
• In addition, I was also required to brief some games to the participants. It was quite fun briefing and conducting the games with the participants. I was required to brief ' Battleship ', ' Word Idol ', ' The Name Game ', ' The Last Letter ', and ' The Future – It's in Your Hand '.
• I also helped Azma to be in the " Checkpoint I " during the Treasure Hunt. It was quite fun to distribute the riddles to all the groups as all the group members were required to perform their group cheer before taking the riddles from me.
 
Reflection on the English Language Camp
 
            Basically, I would tell that I really enjoyed myself very much during the English Language Camp. Besides that, it was a new experience for me to be a facilitator for that camp. I gained a lot of experiences through out the camp. Some of my experiences are as follow :
 
• The main important thing that I learned during this camp is how to motivate some of the passive students or low proficiency students to learn English in a fun way.
• Learned to handle quite a large number of students with the help from the other facilitators.
• Able to cooperate with the other facilitators and conduct all the games successfully. The most important thing that I learned was to give and take with all the facilitators.  
• Apart from that, it was very beneficial for us to be involved in the English Language Camp. By joining this camp, we have been exposed to many different ways that can be used to teach the language in a more interesting way.
• I have also developed my communication skill and leadership quality by joining this camp. I personally believe that I am more confident in leading a group now. Besides that, I am also quite brave to voice out all my different ideas and views now.
 
- Shereena -
 


Here's a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe...Shereena did a very good job during the morning exercise. everybody enjoyed the activity including the faci..me too of course..well done shereena..=)

-fadhli-

Anonymous said...

hye Shereena...first of all, thanks for being such a nice partner...you really help me out throughout the camp..we share ideas and we manage to facilitate our group very well....
i am really proud that our group..Spongebob manage to get to the finals for drama....
i am really proud of our group.. they even manage to get the best group for camp C

azma

Anonymous said...

hi Shereena!

yup, like the others, i love the morning exercise too! after the Language Camp, i can see that you are a good FC, and of course will be a good teacher in future (wif lots experiences.) plus you have a very good sense of humour too! lol ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi shereena!

Your morning exercise was real fun!
You did good job with your group "spongebob"! As whole,all your sweat and hard word paid off!

Anonymous said...

hai shereen, you really did good job for the morning exercise,but unfortunately i and jeya was in charged of equipment and could not follow it..it' ok..WELL DONE

Anonymous said...

hello shereena,

you and malini did a very good job in handling the morning exercise. Students really enjoy that session. Besides that, I believe that you manage your group (Sponge Bob) very well and b the way, you did an excellent job in compiling the participants manual

NorAiSha said...

Hola Shereen!

Congrate!.Like the others, i do enjoyed the morning exercises..i'm so glad that both of u r save n not injured.(..becoz of the unproper stage-credit to khairi!).i alwayz feel pleasure to work with u since our first years..We manage to handle the students during the days; at ours C's headquarter.Nice Working wit u guys!.Gd Luck For Final.

THE NAME is N.O.R.A SUMTHIN'

Unknown said...

Greetings!!
Sheena, congrate for the facis’ manual!! Credits to you and your co-workers.  the manual helped me a lot during the camp. Also, would like to say that I like the morning exercise very much. I enjoyed it.  actually, I’m quite worried to see you guys on the benches. Luckily, nothing happen, right?  btw, gud luck for the exams. Good day!!

++ nana ++

Anonymous said...

Sherena,
Morning exercise was enjoyable!By the way,just want to say that you make a great "spongebob englishpants".Laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

Sheena...
it was great working with you especially for the morning exercise... we were great team mates rite?? ;p u did a great job with the facis manual too.. congratulations!!! bubye...

Anonymous said...

Hai cheena sayang....

First of all thanks for the completion of the faci manuals... It was finally done!!! Credit for you in editing again and again for the faci manuals... Your ideas in modifying the rules of the games was good.. Well done.

Anonymous said...

hi shiiinnnaaaa....

first i congrats you for all your hardworking. as for others they oni know about the output of faci's manual...but i know how much you guys spend time and enargy on it...and all the effort was paid off i think...and during the camp you like an angle with a kind heart and help the participants

Anonymous said...

haaallllooo sherennaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

hehehhe...cool morning exercise ha...really scared that you guys might fall from the benches...hehhe..*big grin*
anyway, thanks a lot for your passion.your cooperation.your spirit.your hardwork.
you've been such a cool facilitator!!!! *wink*
-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

Shereena,
I think you and Malini did a great job with the morning exercise. I was quite impressed with the both of you having to do such difficult steps(I had trouble with some)..haha..anyway, a job well done!

Anonymous said...

everyone, lets tickle shereena. Guaranteed to spark sudden responses from her.

Hey, nice aerobics...but we're all slim enough already..

Anonymous said...

Hi Shereena!
I think you did a great job with the facilitators' manual. Besides that, your morning exercie routine with Malini was also great but it would be better if you guys do each move a little longer coz we did not get enough time to enjoy it. Ok then, thats all.
Bye!

Anonymous said...

hi shereena...it was great to have you as one of the facilitators.we loveeeeeeeeee the morninggggggggg exercise. it was great!congrates and good luck for final exam!

Anonymous said...

shereene dearest,

thanks a million for helping me to to the checking as well as the compilation. my life would be miserable without you and salveen. i will never forget that! eventhough we were burdened with lots of assignments, you were always willing to help me. thanks..thanks...thanks...thanks...thanks....and thanks!

well, i really enjoyed our morning exercise. not only during the camp, but also during our rehearsal. hehehe! the exercise made me sweat! hehehe!

that's all, good luck for your final exam.

XOXO.