Saturday, April 07, 2007

Reflection & Contribution

My Contribution
 
 
First and foremost, I am Aishah Amirah @ Mira or some of the girls call me the 'Material Girl'. Well, technically I am the material girl because Siti Aisyah and I are responsible for the material bureau. Our job is to prepare, organize and taking care of the material before, during and after the language camp. So..to start with, before the language camp, I have to collect the materials needed for all the games. As for the materials for the camp such as the file, scissors, glue, mahjong paper, the envelopes etc, me and Siti Aisyah need to buy the materials and prepare it for the headquarters in the camp. I don't face too much trouble in this bureau because all of the gamemasters have prepared the materials needed for their games and we only have to distribute and organize the materials in the correct order. Thanks to all gamemasters who did a good job in that..!! During the camp, I go back and forth from my headquarters to the materials room to check for additional things needed by the facilitators and their headquarters. It is quite tiring but..as responsible I am, I need to make sure the materials are enough for each headquarters..hehe well done to me..!..After the camp, my job is to sort the crumpled mahjong paper, mix-up of glue, scissors, masking tape, marker pen and so many little-little thing into different boxes and plastics..I've only finish sorting it about two days ago..hmm..i also have the unknown things in the boxes..maybe it belongs to the facis who are so existed so to forgot about their things…so now I'll be the head for the loss-and-found bureau..hehe.. anyone who loss their blue penknife?
I am also the gamemaster for the game We're the same..its quite hard to play this game in a big number but..all the facis had help in coming up the suitable similarities.
I also had help in providing some of the equipment such as laptop and extension wire to the equipment bureau.
During the treasure hunt game, I helped izzati in checkpoint H..we had lots of fun in bullying the students to do their cheers several time ain't we izzati..?hehe
Hmm…what else..ok as a faci, I think I done a good job in helping my group which is the Harry Potter..they are really great and so active after some of the games (initially they are quite passive)..
Well..i think that's all.. I hope my small contribution to this camp had help made is so successful..(^0^)
 
 
My Reflection
 
 
Salam and Good Day to all my friends and Mr G. In this small space here in cyberspace I would like to reflect my thought, feelings and experience from the successful English Language Camp STARP-UTM. I have learned a lot from the language camp. It taught me to be patient, to accept people as they are, to respect people around me, to feel how hard it is for students to master English and a whole lot more. I feel grateful to some of the students who let me enter their world and give me some insight on their perception and attitude towards English language. It really is a useful knowledge for me so as I can assist them in learning English according to their way of learning and pace and in return helping them in changing their perception towards the English language. I think I have done my best in playing my role as the facilitator in introducing and making English fun and enjoyable to the students.
It is really an indescribable experience to have been working along with the fellow classmates, Mr G, the students from STARP, and all the people who directly or indirectly had help me in making this camp a wonderful time of my life.
I hope this reflection here reflects what I feel inside…
thanks to all my friends and Mr G and well done guys..!!
 
 
Yours truly..
~aishah amirah~


Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels
in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Amira..it was a great experience!

NorAiSha said...

salamz;

yup!its was a greatt experience Grace.As for A.Amirah thanks to your bureau.u all did a good job + tq 4 d Doremon boxes dat u give to each headquarters!i cannt imagine Language Camp without it..hehheheh :>.Gd Luck 4 Final.

Unknown said...

Salam
I do agree with u gals that it was a great experience there! Would like to take this opportunity to thank u amira for everything especially on materials. Without u and the other aisyah, things will get chaos. We also learned a lot from the camp. All the best to all. Take care.

++ nana ++

Anonymous said...

=)this camp had changed a lot of my perception towards you..hehehe..i'm just an ordinary guy with extraordinary friends around me..glad you are one of them..hehe..pizza yer=)

Anonymous said...

hai aishah. i know that you was very energetic throughout the camp..Kepp up your good work.All the best.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mira!!

I too had a wonderful time working with you.I like your calmness and the way you handle the students. WELL DONE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job with the materials!!

Anonymous said...

hi mira...
thanx for all the materials that u prepared 4 the lang camp... u made our job become easier... n great being in the same group with u (group B)...u were a great faci n team mate...congratulations..bubye...

Anonymous said...

Hie Mira!
I should thank you and Siti Aisyah for helping us to prepare all the materials needed for the games. You did a great job, Mira.
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

hello material girl,

First of all, thumbs up to you. I truly belive that you and your partner did a very good job in handling the materials.I know it was one of the most difficult task..but both of you manage to do it well...Although there were some problems here and there, but its normal to ake mistake, right??? By the way, it was nice working with you in GROUP B. Go Chicken Little...

Anonymous said...

Hai Mira,

You and Aisyah had done a marvellous job by preparing all of the needed materials for the camp.. I guess it wasn't easy to run up and down to find for the materials , but you guys did it!!!Well done...

Anonymous said...

hi material girl..ooppppss...hi aisyah...

you did a great job with all the materials.....and chicken little were great too.....you r really a softspoken faci...this makes everybody loves you...including myself....

Anonymous said...

our very own material girl!!!! *in a good way aa...*
hanks soo much for your dedicated and passion and hardwork for this camp. you put this camp first before anything else...thankss again!!!!!! *wink*
-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

Hi Aishah,sadly i have to wirte another comment which is four lines long so that it would be valid.*wink**wink*.Girl,i just want to say that you did a great job with that materials.Everything was complete and perfect.Thank you girl

Anonymous said...

Haha...eh me too la Ammani. Amira, so sorry, I didn't know our comments had to be 4 lines..anyway, I think you're great person and facilitators and the students so many reasons to love you! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mira gaa
You definitely did a great job in the material bureau. Everything was organized and we did not encounter any major problems with the materials. it's a good thing that you enjoyed the camp. Hope we can work together next time. That's all from me.
C-Ya!

Anonymous said...

Aloha material gurl!!!
i still remember the time when you gave your flying kiss to all of the boys at the bubye caremony...
the boys scream like mad...hehe..
i felt like i want to join them screaming....SEE!!!all TESLians faci are cool and sporting!!!!!hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

mira dear,
yup! we had a really fun moment bullying the students. hehehehe! i acted as if im a very strict fe-c that time. so funny~ ermm, congrats to your bureau for your well organized job. we did not encounter any major problem during the camp. congrats again (^_^)