Wednesday, April 04, 2007

My little contributions in STARP ELC ’07 + Reflection


 

My little contributions in STARP ELC '07   

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh and may God bless me and you, now and forever.

I don't have much to say about my contribution. Maybe my contribution is the least for this language camp but what I can say is: I'M HAPPY WITH ALL OF THE SUPPORTS THAT I HAVE FROM ALL MEMBERS OF THE TEAM AND I'M PROUD TO BE ONE OF THEM!!! (",)

Em..these were things that I did:

1.      The Head of Transportation bureau:

a.     Have to make sure we have our bus to and from the school. Thanks to Mr. G and Dr. Norazman for making this job a success..=) I went to the Pejabat Harta Bina 5 times before we have the bus confirmed.

b.     Have to make sure to have exact numbers of facilitators from UTM and when we get back from the school.=) Alhamdulillah, we have a safe journey and all the facilitators came back in one piece.

2.      The Game Master for NIE : Future..Its in Your Hands:

a.     I worked with my best partner, Shamini. We produced the manual. Thanks a lot Shamini.

b.     Searched for newspapers and proudly managed to collect 100++ copies. =)

3.      The Mini-Director for Group D

a.     Well, basically I didn't do much because I HAVE A GREAT TEAM OF FACILITATORS =). We all have the 'chemistry'. Thanks a lot to:

                                                               i.      Sumitha- you've been a great faci, wonderful experience working with you

                                                             ii.      Siti Aisyah- you were great in your own way, soft enough to touch others heart

                                                            iii.      Kak Nana- you were the queen of this group, thanks for your wonderful ideas

                                                          iv.      Ammani- you were great out there, love your enthusiasm

                                                           v.      Grace- you've changed my perceptions towards you. I thought you never accept jokes but now I know how you laugh.

                                                          vi.      Liana- crazy little faci with crazy big ideas. You lighten up our group. Heheh.

b.     I managed to organize my group to finish all the games and activities on time and try the best as I could to make all the games enjoyable for the students. As a result, I think we've rock the school. =) The students really enjoyed themselves.

c.     I, with my team of course managed to make our group the best group during the camp. That's mean we managed to bring out the best in our students.

4.      Others

a.     Em.. I did lend my voice to some activities i.e. the Morning Exercise.

b.     Em..don't know..hehehe..that's all I think.

 

 

 

Refelction of the camp.

I'm happy with the whole process before and during the camp. But here are some things that we might take considerations for future camp:

1.      For next camp or other activities, please check the date of the camp and try to avoid any interference with University's schedule i.e. Convocation, or you 'll be facing troubles to ask for the bus.

2.      If we have the chance to ask budget for transportation, please do so. It is for emergency cases that we could not avoid.

3.      During the camp, I think it is good if we could have a white board or maybe mahjong papers for the facis to write something. For example, in Group D, provide a mahjong paper so the faci could write down words that are mispronounced by the students i.e. the students said, "Turtoise" where as the correct is "turquoise". So this will help other students to learn new vocabs. We could also do some corrections on their grammar.

4.      I would very happy if we choose a good song for every activity. The song must be meaningful and does not contain lyrics that can lead to negative thinking.  For me this is very important because we do not just want the students to learn the language itself but also good language that could lead them to be a good person.

That's all from me. I'm really sorry for mistakes and over reacting during the process of this marvelous camp.

                                                                                                        -Fadhli-
 
cHot_uNiTeKMa 
 
 


New Yahoo! Mail is the ultimate force in competitive emailing. Find out more at the Yahoo! Mail Championships. Plus: play games and win prizes.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there fadli....as i mention before its always fun,enjoyable and yes we always make a great team......fadli i would like to take this opportunity to thanks you alot for being so supportive .................

Anonymous said...

fadhli@Chomot....
-well, i really love that morning exercise especially your part...do you know something???the steps of the exercise that you introduced were like a "rain God ceremony"...a creative idea that we4 can use for teaching"Looking for a Rain God"....ha...ha...ha...
nice working with you.....it is even nicer when i call you Comot and you did not scold me for calling you that name....


azma....

Anonymous said...

Salam~!

You have d package to be a good teacher. That's what my perception towards you in my early years in UTM, and after the Language Camp, I think it will always be true.. Keep up the spirit and thank you for your cooperation+support+suggestion in the ELC. All da best! =)

Anonymous said...

Hi Fadhli!!

You are full of energy and enthusiastic!! Keep up the good work and please always remain sweet as you are now!! People just love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hi,i should thank you for your cooperation for the NIE game..you was such a good part..Keep up the good work..ALL THE BEST...

Anonymous said...

hi fadhli @ chot...
1st of all i want to express my gratitude for lending me your laptop to be used during the camp...i couldn't imagine doing my job without your help..

you are very enthusiastic & energetic during the camp..
>k-rie

Anonymous said...

salam fadhli;
1st of all,i wld like 2 thank u 4 everthing..u r such a gud leader 2 our group FANTASTIC FOUR :) it was a great experience workin' wit u during da camp.luv da cheers..ACTION KAMEN! :) also, it is really a gud suggestion 2 provide whiteboard or mahjong paper during da camp 4 da pronunciation correction. I stil remember da TURQUOISE GAL :) til now. :)

NorAiSha said...

salamz fadhli;

Congratulation to Mr.Chot d teacher 2 b..I can c the talent in you.Thanks for all the help and sorry for unsatisfied things and any mistakes.Gd luck for final!(Let us know if anything dat we can help regarding to our "bbq slot" k)cheers.

THE NAME is N.O.R.A

Anonymous said...

Chot! What do you mean I never accept jokes! I always do accept jokes..hahaha...but when did I laugh actually? Can't remember la..anyway, you were an awesome mini director!

Anonymous said...

Chot,have to say that, you have the aptitude and the attitude! You make a great person!

Anonymous said...

hey chot...
1st of all thanx a lot for lending ur voice for the morning exercise... knew that our voice could only b heard to the front students as there were lots of them.. u were a great faci... enjoyed working with u... congratulations...bubye

Anonymous said...

Hie Fadhli,
I guess you did a great job!!You was a very energetic facilitator throughout the camp. And not forgetting to thank you for lending me and Malini your voice during the morning exercie. You have a very loud and clear voice. To tell you the truth, I can hear you giving explanations on all the games during the camp from my headquarters ( Group C )
Anyway, congrats Fadhli!

Anonymous said...

Hai Chot(betaji),

You are an energetic person with wonderful ideas... You were so helpful throughout the camp that I could sense you will be a teacher of
attraction in future...The way you motivate students and encourage them to learn in English, is simply GOOD!!! THANKS YA...

Anonymous said...

hallloooo chot!!!!!!

you're so great!!!!!! really admire your spirit and passion during the camp..*wink*
thanks a lot for your cooperation.your hardwork.your craziness. as well as during morning exercise!!!!! really woke me up oo....hehehe....*big grin*
-xoxo-

Anonymous said...

recall the incident of arranging for the bus...some people seemed to have such a low sense of etiquette, right? hmm... not a good thing to happen during critical moments.

Anyway, thanks for successfully arranging for the bus..!!

vVrrRRRRooooommmMMM....!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fadhli!
I think you contributed a lot to the camp.Especially your voice.(Hi! Hi!)Good job at handling the transportation bureau coz without you, we probably wouldn't even get there. Anyway, it was thoughtful of you to give some suggestions for the 'next' camp. I don't think anyone else has done that, or I didn't read all of them yet. Well that's all from me.
C-Ya!

Anonymous said...

aloha, fadhli...
~to be honest i really enjoyed your part in the morning exercise...not to mention the part where you teach us the looking for the rain god's dance...hahaha....
congratulations to you Chott....

Anonymous said...

~salam
first of all..congratulations to you for your marvellous job in the language camp..you are one of a kind..hehe
secondly..hope your perception towards me changed to the good..n not otherwise..(^-^)
yess..we are just ordinary people with extraordinary friends around us..hope it'll make us stronger in doing what we should do in this world.
ok..all the best to you in the future..:)

Anonymous said...

~salam
oopss..forgot to add one thing..
pizza delivery on the way..!!

Anonymous said...

salam fadhli...
so you were handling the transportation.Well done!and thank God it's free!hahaha...because we did not allocate any budget for transportation.You were great facilitator too. i think the kids like you...you just know how to entertain them right.i should learn that from you...hehehe...anyway congrates and good luck for final exam!

Anonymous said...

hello..

you have the talent, that's all i can say. doubtless! *big grin*
the morning exercise was relly fun!
pity Mr.G for not being able to join us.
bubbye actin kamen.

by,
himawari