Wednesday, February 05, 2003

this is my entry for the best entry thingy...
yeehahhhhh
well guys...i am back for another great entry..that is to my judgement. Anyway, yesterday night i wrote an entry that i thought of posting in today. However, i decided not to because by doing so, i am putting myself vulnerable amongst all of you who might read that particular entry. Guess it was too personal and also a little bit mushy to my liking. Anyway, today I would like to share a poem that I read ages ago. This poem was written by a husband to his wife as a renewed marriage vow after a marriage of more than twenty years. I loved this poem ever since then because it reminds me so much of my parents...it goes something like this..
the red rose whispers with passion,
the white rose breathes of love,
the red rose is a falcon,
the white rose is a dove,
but I send you a cream little rosebud,
with a flush on its petal tips,
for the love that is purest and sweetest,
has a kiss of desire on the petal tips.
you see..my parents had been married for more than twenty years and it brings a warm feeling to see that the two of them just continue to fall in love wuth each other more as the days go by. Both of them work as a great team that had overcome obstacles that only them know how it feels and of course the challenges that tested their ability to stay as one. With the vow of marriage a long time ago, they are no longer two people but one flesh. My father always tell me that he would want me to have the wonderful relationship that both of them have. You see..he told me one time that don't fall completely in love with the person that you would want to make as your lifetime partner, because by doing so, you left no room for your love to grow only for it to stay the same. Leave some space for yourself, therefore when the two of you decided to make that lifetime commitment, you will fall in love more everyday and you will never love less only love more...and yeah he also said that he is a lucky man because my mum chose him and that he married a perfect woman...his best friend, his partner and always his girlfriend....so feel like getting married people?

No comments: