Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Third week

Hai there,

My third week is a little bit better. I am able to adjust myself with the school environment. However,  I have problems in classroom management. The students are in form 4 and they are in the age of rebellious . Thus, shouting or getting angry will not work with them. The best way is to persuade them to do the work and keep reminding them to bring their books.

It is hard for me to create activities that suit the students' English proficiency level. Although they are in a good class, their English proficiency level is low. So, activities that involve discussion are not good ideas. At the end, I will be the one who give most of the ideas. After conducting a lot of activities with them, I realise the students love to draw and decorate poster or banner. So, I use this chance in my literature class.

Here is one of my Literature activity that I had conducted. Bear in mind this is double period class. Normally for literature, I use double periods because I can conduct activities without having time constrain. In my Literature class, I ask them to watch a video that related to the short story (QWERTYUIOP and FRUITCAKE SPECIAL). While watching, I ask them to answer some easy questions related to the video (multiple questions). This is to make sure they concentrate with the video. Then, I divided them into groups of six. Each group was given  13 strips of paper (sequence of the story). Students need to arrange and paste it on A3 paper. They were allowed to decorate the A3 paper according to their creativity.

This activity is suitable for intermediate students.

That's all
Thank you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you know your students, you'll find suitable activities for them. - Mr.Ghazali