Sunday, December 20, 2015

My Reflection of the Language Camp (Aliya)

Hi everyone!

Finally, the day had arrived. It's the day for the Language Camp!
We stayed at Dewan Merdeka, Kolej Rahman Putra since morning until evening, walked around the hall, mingled among ourselves and with the participants, conducted the sessions and finally the camp came to an end.

One word to describe what I felt at the end of the day:
Happy.

It's a simple word, but I really felt that way. Although we were tired, but I guess everyone had fun doing this event together. We noticed our flaws, but I know that everyone had done their very best. So, I was very satisfied.

The Game Masters

That morning, all the game masters were nervous. Hence, we gathered and cheered each other up. Alhamdulillah during our sessions, the facilitators cooperated really well, helping our sessions to go smoothly. We did find it difficult to give instructions clearly. From that, we learnt to rephrase our sentences to explain the instruction in a simpler way. 


Oh hey, that's me conducting The Betrayal Game.
Arifah was by my side, writing the money scores

While I was not carrying out my responsibility as the Game Masters, I played many other roles, such as being an extra facilitator, a photographer and the DJ (to decide on the songs to be played in the speaker). I believe that many other facilitators played many roles as well, to keep ourselves busy by helping others, making sure our sessions to go smoothly. This is because everyone was always ready to receive orders or fulfill requests from our director, the game master in charge of a session and the facilitators. We also interacted with the participants to encourage them to converse more in English as on of the objectives of this camp is to enhance their English speaking skill.

Overall, I have learnt many things from this camp. I am grateful that Mr. G had given us the opportunity to organize this camp. Organizing this had enrich our experience and knowledge both in management and English language skills. It was interesting that because we were so used to speaking in English during the programme, we continued speaking in English in our room. haha. However, the best part is, handling this programme together with fellow TESLians had tighten our bond. May our friendship lasts forever :)

Alright. That's all.
Thank you TESLians.
Thank you Mr. G.
Thank you Allah.

2 comments:

arifah amir said...

The one helping you writing the money scores is so beautiful. Hakhak

Unknown said...

Yeay! My picture is there. Yeay, all of us had many responsibilities during the language camp, especially the Game Masters. hehe.