Sunday, December 20, 2015

My responsibilities for the language camp (Shafiq)

Salam and good evening everyone…
In this post, I am going to talk about my responsibilities for the language camp. As the director of this edition of the language camp, my responsibilities were to ensure that everything is in order for the actual day of the camp.

Before the camp actually took place, sorting out the division of work must be done properly so that everyone would have a chance to shine and to ensure that everyone would be involved. Next was to ensure that we have the right kind of activities that fit the description of our participants. Several meetings with the lecturer, Mr. G to give him the updates and also to discuss the games, rules and other details of the camp. It was also my responsibility to oversee most of the work done by my colleagues. This was to ensure everything is in order before the actual day.

During the language camp, apart from overseeing the games conducted by the game masters, I was also responsible in conducting the transition session between the games. I think I did okay as an impromptu emcee but I am not really sure. What do you think?

There were several challenges faced by all of us along the way. For instance, the key to the hall was not in our possession until the last minute of the day before the camp. It was challenging because we had to deal with several entities that have different opinions on the matter. But luckily, we had an effective team to deal with every problems that faced. Apart from this, there were also other matters that we had to deal with.


All in all, the language camp ran smoothly in my opinion. Because of this, the credit should never goes to me alone since I have a very effective crew member for the whole camp. Thank you everyone and it was a privilege to work with all of you. 

2 comments:

Siti Sarah said...

I think you did great for with the impromptu emceeing, especially on the one where we all need to sing along to the songs and the one where you decided to play the extra round of Fact or Fiction with the groups. :D

Unknown said...

You did great. Am so proud of you.