Sunday, December 20, 2015

One more ride please.

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

For this post, I'll talk about what have I learned from the Language Camp. We all know that there are several ways to counter the problems that we were having during the camp. To begin with, we all know that we have a slight problem when giving instruction to the participants. Some of us may say that we have problems with language proficiency but I do not think that is the problem. I think most of us were just nervous and anxious when talking in front of strangers especially when the strangers really have a good grid of the language. As for that, we might be intimidated by them and instead of helping us to focus on giving instruction, our mind flew away into thinking how these strangers view us as a TESL students. And that ladies and gentlemen is how we got cold sweat, sweaty palm, increasing heartbeat, anxiety, nausea, headache, and lastly, the best part, vomiting in front of people that we barely know. BAM! Just like that and we wake up feeling confuse how do we get to PKU at the first place. It may feel like you are falling in love with someone or you crush is just winking at you but that is not the case here. It is just you and that annoying anxiety succeeding in pulling your leg. However, what you guys did in the hall that day was brave. And I know it is even hard for me to do so. The only thing that I can say to you guys out there is, " Soldiers, it was a great honor for me to fight along your side and I salute you!"

You guys are crazy for being able to talk in front of strangers you know? Do not stop being crazy.

My wish is always with you and I will always fight any other Karate Kids for you. One last ride please.

2 comments:

estherfrancis said...

Hye Zamir,

I agree with your statement. Yes, i do feel intimidated with the participants as some of them are good in English. As I am one of the game masters, I tried so hard to overcome that feeling. Anyway, I guess that each of us are good in English because we learn it more than they do. Hihi :P

Aliya K said...

Aww Dzamir. The two last paragraphs are so sweet.
Congratulations Dzamir, you have done a great job!