Sunday, December 20, 2015

My reflection of the negotiation camp (Seha)

I feel so relieved after we have finished with the camp. I think all of us did a great job in the camp. As for me, this is my first time being a facilitator for a language camp. It is a very good experience for me and I learned a lot from it. In the camp, I am one of the facilitators in charge and I took care of the group of Homogenous (which is the best group of the camp, yeay!). Since the participants in my group consists of students from two different faculties, I tried to break the silence by asking questions to them and making jokes (which is so lame, whatever as long as they feel comfortable to talk to me). In order to encourage them to talk in English, I would ignore the mistakes that they did or I would correct it by rephrasing the sentences with the correct way. I would also encourage them to speak by offering stars and guiding them on what to say in the negotiation.

I think that all the games that we have played are beneficial for them to improve their negotiation skills. I like the idea of the stars reward where everybody would get stars even if they lose in the game. In this way, the participants will not be demotivated to play another game. However, since the tentative is quite packed, I can see that their participation in the games dropped especially when we are playing the Betrayal game, the last game before lunch break. I think that maybe we should have provide some sweets for them for refreshments (because I know they were hungry, as I were hungry too). Other than that, I can see that the role of facilitators for every group is crucial because the participants might not interested to participate and they also might have difficulties in understanding the rules of the games. Hence, it is up to us to lift their moods and provide guidance on what to be done in the game.


To summarise, I had fun in this camp because the participants of my group were very active and they cooperate well with each other, although they are from different faculties. I believed that everyone who participated in the camp learned something from each other; the participants can improve their negotiation skills while we can improve our leadership and how to manage a camp.

3 comments:

estherfrancis said...

Hye Seha,

I am happy to hear that you have so much fun with your group. I also noticed that your group participated well during each game. In my opinion, it is because of your good guidance for your groups through out the game that motivate them to actively participated in the language camp.

sehaaa said...

Haha. You are flattering me, Esther. It would not be fun without my partner, Chang and also the spirit shown by the participants. The others did well too :)

Unknown said...

Yeahhh, all the games that we have played together are all beneficial for them and they had fun too. that's the most important things i guess when playing games. hahahahah