Sunday, December 20, 2015

My Reflection on the Negotiation Game~

Hi everyone!

After those hard works and supports from each other, my classmates and I have finished the language camp. Yeah! It was an awesome experience for all of us because that was our first language camp. We were relieved after the language camp and lots of memories we can keep together. Well, as usual we learn a lot from the programme. I believe that everyone has their own perspectives towards the language camp. Some might be better left unsaid, and most of it should be stated so that everyone can understand our strengths and weaknesses in handling a programme.

First of all, one of the good thing that I found before, during and after the language camp is the team work. My classmates and I helped each other to make sure the programme went well. We give enough supports that no one would feel isolated in handling any responsibility that they have. We understand the feeling of supporting and motivating each other. That is also a good way to keep us maintain our relationship and unity. We do not face the problem of misunderstanding which is a very good thing for us.

The second strength is I noticed that we do not easily give up when there were problems existed. As an example, we managed to solve the problem for the venue of the programme successfully. I admit that some of my friends are very good in negotiating with other parties. They are matured enough that they can negotiate professionally without having any bad arguments regarding to the problem. I am glad for that!

For this language camp, one of the weaknesses that I found is that the participants were not really interested and motivated to join the language camp. Some of them joined the programme because it is compulsory for them. This is quite frustrating for us because we put efforts for the program. We tried to make the language camp to be interesting and fun as possible. As example, we provided songs and lyrics for the participants to ensure they still participate well in each of the game that we have planned.  Some of the participants were distracted and sleepy during the games, that hurts us a lot! But, in another way, I’m glad that we managed to finish the games for them.

Another issue is that I noticed that we should pay more attention for the preparation of the programme book. This is because there were a few mistakes in the booklet. To avoid that problem, we should check the book more than once before it is printed out. The participants might be confused if there were mistakes in the book especially for the lesson plans. They were most probably misunderstanding the games because what being written on it was not the same with what we demonstrated to them.

Everyone have tried their best in conducting each game. I believed that the language camp is successful with the hardship shown by each of us.



  

1 comment:

sehaaa said...

Yes Esther, I think we have mislooked on the other things such as the programme book since we were too focused on the games of the camp. But what's done is done. That can be use for future reference if there will be another language camp.