Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Nur Afzan Izham

Camp B

As assistance secretary, I feel that everyone in the committee had done a good job throughout the camp. They all committed their whole self to the camp. Personally I think that overall the camp was successful as it managed to reach several objectives of the camp, although there were things that needed patching up here and there. Although there were slight misunderstandings among the facilitators, we managed to handle and adapt to the situation there. At the camp I was in charge of registration. We only received the complete name list of students when we got there. We grouped the students evenly and made sure that there were 15 students in o ne group from different schools. Apart from that I am also the facilitator of the group ‘Genius Light Green’. I guided them to do their Buddy Journal and helped them to organize their drama presentation. I am very proud of them as they won 1st place in Message Hunt, 3rd place in Amazing Race, and in their drama presentation and apart from that they also won the most hardworking group. Besides handling my own group I was also in charge of the last checkpoint in the Amazing Race. I really had a blast throughout the camp. The camp taught me about lots of things; it was really an educating experience for me from handling students to teaching them and giving them love and care. I hope that there will be another camp as I am looking forward to gain more experience. Apart from that there is also time for us to patch things up and make the camp run smoothly the next time. I also hope that next time all of the facilitators will have a positive attitude to make it more fu n not only for the students but among the committee members itself.

No comments: