Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Nazatulshima Binti Mustafar

Language Camp 2004, would be the greatest experience that I ever experienced as a TESL student. I was the Camp Commander of the Language Camp. In the camp, I was responsible in taking care of the children and the facilitators. It is also my duty to help the director and the committee member in making sure that everything goes smoothly as planned. I would say that the camp was very enjoyable and a memorable one. It is actually our first battlefield as a teacher. It is also our first experience dealing with children. In the camp, I actually had the opportunity to mix with the children and at the same time analyzing the reason why they are not competent in English. After analyzing the children, I found out that the reason why they are not used with the language is that the fact that they came from a poor family and lack of exposure of the language. In my opinion, teachers in rural areas should be more aware of the problem and should try hard in developing the students’ interest in the language. Overall, I would say that the camp is a success, though there were problems. I hope that the future Language Camp will be better and should be able to develop the students’ interest in the target language.



No comments: