Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Ghandini

First and foremost and would like to take this opportunity to thank all my beloved course mates for giving me this golden chance and putting full faith in me to hold the “GAME MASTER” post. When I was first giving this post frankly I was very nervous, as I knew that I had to play an important role before and during the camp. As the Language Camp mainly emphasized on Language game as a weapon to foster love for the language, I knew I had to do a careful decision in choosing the games to be played. Nevertheless, after the selection, with the guidance of Mr G, the Director of the camp, Azuro and I decided on the eleven different games to be played during the Language Camp.



My main duty assigned before the camp was to prepare the student handout, and later the facilitator manual which was done all in a rush due to the examinations that we had a week before the camp and even a few days before the camp. However I strongly believe, once the torch of responsibility is given to us, as future a future educationist, I would always want to do my best and make use of whatever talent that I have to give best. However, honestly I was motivated in doing my duty as a Game Master before and during the camp sincerely as I took it as a selfless service, which I could do for the children at the FELDA. Only when we do our duty wholeheartedly, we will achieve a fruitful result. All these was achieved when I arrived at the FELDA ADELA and played my role as a game master and a facilitator for the “Remarkable red team”. It was indeed an enjoyable experi ence being there with the children, conducting the games with them and seeing the eagerness to win and joy in their eyes to play all the interesting games. In addition, I would like to thank Azuro for giving me the responsibility to conduct the newspaper chase game. I was really worried whether I could actually gather 10 sets of the similar newspaper for the game. However with the blessing of the divine lord, I managed to purchase 12 copies of the sun newspaper. Overall, I think I had fun watching the children look for the 15 items listed down on the paper. On the other hand, before I left for the camp I was very curious to actually handle real school children, as this was my first experience doing so. Before this, most of the teaching methodologies that we have learned have been only read or thought during our lectures. However this Language Camp has given us lots of input and strapped us all into our seats before we start our first journey in the teaching field this coming Mach.

Finally, I would just want to add in some of my personal comments on this camp. Firstly, I truly feel that using language games in the classroom is definitely an ingenious methodology that can be used by other English Language teachers throughout Malaysia to develop and improve the standard of the language. As we teach the children the language through games such as Tic Tac Toe, Word chain, Charade, Stop Box, therefore the children will slowly but in a very willingly manner learn the new words or the use of the language and the message we imbibe in into them during the lesson. All in all, I am very thankful to god for giving me this wonderful, exciting, challenging experience, as I would never forget the beautiful three days that I spent in the FELDA ADELA with the children. Last but not the least, in every camp that we attend, I always believe there will be some sort of bene ficial new experience, which will be attained by the participant, facilitators, organizers and even advisers. Each camp is a new journey for us. Hence, I have taken this as my starting point to my pathway toward being a “FUTURE EDUCATIONIST” (teacher).

Special Thanks to MR.G, Cik Fatimah Putih ; my Academic Advisor (P.A), Azuro, Anis and not forgetting all my fellow friends who put their heart and soul to make this camp a successful one………….THANK YOU ALL……………..

“Oioio Ice Ice Ice….Waahhh”



Written by: Ghandini Vijayasuriar , 3SPL

No comments: