Monday, February 09, 2004

A brief report on the English Language Camp A by the Director, Lee Yong Yong

In cooperation with FELDA and sponsored in part by Faculty of Education, University Technology Malaysia, we ran a three days two nights English language camp on February 6, 2004 in SK FELDA Tenggaroh 6, Mersing, Johor Darul Takzim. The following is a brief report on the outcomes of the English language camp.
As the Director of this English camp, I believe that this English Language Camp has been carried out successfully and fruitfully. We have been able to achieve all our camp objectives as the students are not only motivated and inspired to speak and learn in English but the facilitators too indeed have been able to adapt and practice the knowledge of teaching-learning theories learnt by adjusting our teaching styles and expectation levels to the standards of Primary Six children.
Throughout this three days camp, I realized that coordination, teamwork and commitment are extremely important elements to ensure the entire programme to be run smoothly. For this, I have realized that things planned are not always the final draft of everything. Due to unforeseen factors such as weather for example, sometimes things have to change and as the Director, I play a very vital role in getting things coordinated and at the same time making sure that all my facilitators are still highly motivated in carrying out their duties.
In addition, I wholeheartedly believe that a leader should lead by examples by getting involve and helping his or her team members to carry out their duties as well. Here, I have been able to hold on still to this motto until today, which I believe contributes to the spirit of my team members and I, myself in holding on and maintaining our duties, responsibilities and the good name of our institution and lecturers in general. As an overall, this language camp has been successfully run and achieving our expectations and objectives of this camp add colours to the success of this English Language Camp A.

No comments: