Thursday, January 03, 2002

Hi.
How to begin to write in this game plan? Should be more formal or can I make it like what I have done for my diaryland? No one can answer me at the moment of me typing this so I guess I do it my way (Frank Sinatra loves to do it too!).
Yes, last fe days (2 January 2002) we had our first big meeting for the language camp. All the students of SHE 4932 should attend the meeting but it didn't appear as it should be and please pardon me for my mistake of not giving you all an early notice about the meeting through memo. I was in hurry and wasn't thinking much when I decided to do it. I grabbed the opportunity of us not having the ESP class in the morning to have our meeting instead. Hope you all can forgive me there.
However, as the director the meeting went like I planned. We have agreed with the place. Since Azura (secretary) has the contact with someone in one of the schools in Kulai, which is Sek. Keb Air Manis (about 35 minutes of journey from Skudai), and after majority votes of conducting the camp in suburb area, so it is agreed that we have our language camp there.
The date of the language camp is agreed to be on 9 and 10 of January 2002 considering the suggested dates given by Mr. Ghazali, but a few of the members think that we need to reschedule it so I have negotiated on the date with Mr. Ghazali to do it a week earlier. Means that we will have it on 2 and 3 January 2002. It's in a month time. It also indicates that we need to do our work extremely in full speed!!! So all of us must be ready with whatever tasks going to be distributed!.
And then, I also divided and announced tasks for each of the committee member and they from here, will have to start doing the work. Roughly the tasks for the committees are as follow:
w Secretary - minutes of meeting
- memo to call for meeting
- tentative program (consultation with program coordinator)
- prepare the booklet (consultation with program coordinator)
- list of the post

w Assistant Secretary - working paper (close collaboration with the director and assistant director)
- letter for sponsorship (if we need any)
- letter for the school
- prepare the booklet and tentative program together with the Secretary
- name list

w Treasurer - collect RM 5.00 from the members for the camp fund (to cover some expenses like car petrol of the PRO, photocopy, materials and so forth)
- prepare a budget
- take care of the flow of the account (debit and credit)
- souvenirs for the school (work together with the sponsorship unit.
w Program Coordinator - gather all the games and choose the best to be inserted in the activity
- decide on the tentative (i.e. what game to play at what time, when is the opening ceremony, etc)
- design a short course (at least one week before the camp) for the facilitators so that they know how to conduct the games (i.e. briefing)
w Materials Department - name tag
- banner
- t-shirt
- games material (let the treasurer know what you need and may be get some of the material through sponsorship unit).
- opening and closing ceremony (the backdrop)
w PRO - discuss the language camp with the school (date, place to sleep, food)
- meet the head department of Social Science for the approval and sponsorship (close collaboration with the Director, assistant director, sponsorship unit)
- opening and closing ceremony (chair person)
- any other relevant events
w Discipline Unit - observing the attendance of the members
- security and safety of the students during the camp

I also decided to have another unit which are sponsorship unit, transportation unit and refreshment unit. Two other new posts are Game Master and the Game master Assistant who will work in hand with program coordinator to manage the games. The rest of the class. I mean those without any post will automatically go under Material Department because I strongly believe that this department need many hands. The complete list of the post will be in the Game Plan as soon as the secretary and I get the list. For further details of the meeting you can always refer to our secretary minutes of meeting which will be updated through this Game Plan.
I would like to remind all of you about the attendance, I have asked the discipline unit to carefully watch the consistency of your attendance during each meeting and your participations in any events that we are going to have, so on my part, I would suggest that all of us could give our fullest cooperation and commitment so that we do not face any troubles at the end.
If you have any queries or dissatisfaction you can always come to me. I guess I have to end my report here. Thank you.
Happy working!!!






No comments: